Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gascrom Issues (Read 2514 times)
jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Gascrom Issues
07/19/11 at 10:49:04

Hello,

My script for Gastrocrom was raised this Spring after I had some shocking episodes.  Since that time, I have noticed more gi problems after drinking it, as well as increased ringing in my ears.  My recent gi exam came back pretty normal, so it is not masto and I am negative for celiac and other gi problems. I also seem to have more muscle aches and feel more fatique on this higher dose (200mg/3X daily)

I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this when they take Gastrocrom?  I may have a bit of an intolerance that is aggrevated by a higher dose.

Additionally, I noticed that this current box of it is a different lot number, so wondering if that might have something to do with it.  My pharmacist gave me some of my old lot number (such a nice pharmacy, CVS, as they keep an extra box on hand for me in emergency). I am going to try using that and see if I have the same problem?

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or any variation from lot -to-lot?  Trying to figure out if it is the masto, the Gastrocrom, or a different prep?

In the meantime, I have been told to try to gradually reduce it to see if that helps and I feel a little better.

Just wondering if anybody else has gone through this:?  We all tolerate medications differently, as you know.

Thanks!

IP Logged

NZNancy
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Gascrom Issues
Reply #1 - 07/19/11 at 13:42:26

jbean, if you are sensitive to multiple chemical triggers, it is possible that the plasticizer from the Gastrocrom vial that gets into the contents could be a problem for you. Can you taste any difference from the previous batch?

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 07/26/11 at 13:57:38

Has anybody ever stopped taking Gastrocrom or reduced your dose?  How did you do when you tried it?

I am trying to cut mine down now.

IP Logged

starfish
Tutor

Ohio
Reply #3 - 08/08/11 at 06:23:40

I was to stop the gastro and try 2 zantac instead....per MD. It wasn't good....pretty sick. So now trying 1 Zantac and 2 vials. If you are asking do you slowly go off? He didn't say anything like that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print