Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Molds and Grass (Read 3148 times)
jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Molds and Grass
06/17/11 at 01:13:21

Hi,

With all the rain we've been having here, I've noticed that the grass smells kind of moldy.  I was outside yesterday, and now my furnace room smells that way as well.

I have installed allergan filters in my furnace, and filters on my air vents.

However, last night, I had a blow out attack again, and I am wondering if it couldn't be from the mold outside in the grass?  I live in a low lying area and the water collects there.

I am working on moving out to find a new place to live, but I notice I seem to get the attacks mostly at home.  Just wondering if anyone else reacts to the molds in the grass right now?

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Re: Molds and Grass
Reply #1 - 06/17/11 at 09:05:33

I hate mold! Let me throw in there I hate dust too. I can seem to stay on top of getting all the dust bunnies. Grass isn't brothing me lately. I notice that if I irrigate my sinuses daily with the saline mixture I don't have that many problems, maybe because it is flushing the allergen out. Have you tried a sinus rinse before. It has been a savior to me. They are super inexpensive. I can't rave enough about how it has helped me.
Melissa

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 06/19/11 at 09:37:11

Yes Melissa.  I tried the rinses.  I've been slacking off on doing it lately.  Thanks for the reminder.  I will give it a try and see if that helps!

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #3 - 06/19/11 at 20:16:17

Yes, mold is a huge trigger for me.  Moving sounds like a great idea.  I don't know the role that mold played in my illness, but I think it triggered a progression at one point.

There are many foods that contain hidden molds.  If you want me to, I'll make you a list.  They just add to the bucket.  I take immunotherapy for several outdoor molds.  If there's mold in a crawl space, that can affect you, too, and even just what filters in from outside when you open a door can cause a reaction.

Joan

IP Logged

Patricia
Guiding Light

Washington, dc
Reply #4 - 08/21/11 at 08:40:07

It's also mold season from all the rain...we live in DC and the allergies here are awful! I think my husband suffers from enviormental allergies all 12 months of the year! DC is built on a swamp, I think people who don't have allergies develop them if they live here long enough!

Patricia

IP Logged

Susan
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 08/21/11 at 18:56:47

If you use filters in your furnace to help with mold issues, make sure you change them often. I was told once a month. Once the mold gets onto the filter, it can start growing, and then the filter becomes a source of mold, instead of a protection from it.

If the sinus rinses help, don't forget to wash your face and hair after possible exposures. The pollens and molds get on and then can get inhaled. You especially want to wash before going to bed, and be sure you change the pillow cover frequently.

Oh, excuse me. I meant have the maid take care of all of this. We deserve that, don't we?

Susan

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Chronic neurological infections
Diagnosed with Mastocytosis August 2011

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print