Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
weird breathing issues (Read 2094 times)
Godsgal
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

weird breathing issues
06/12/11 at 13:02:55

One problem that I can't seem to wrap my head around that kinda scares me is these weird breathing issues I have. With any kind of physical activity, I get shortness of breath. No wheezing, no panting, it's just a heaviness in my chest almost like I'm not getting enough oxygen when I breathe in. It's nothing anyone can hear, it's something I feel. Maybe even a heaviness with a little burning in my lungs. It definitely get's worse if I run into something that triggers me (chemicals, fragrances, smells, etc.) But I get it just randomly too. And singing or reading books to my son is definitely problematic and it aggravates it. Now the real clencher for me is that I take Singulair 10 mg twice a day and I feel like that should be taking this away. But nope. I still have it. Perhaps not as bad as I used to have it but I definitely still have it too much for taking that amount of medicine.

What's the deal?
Am I taking the wrong meds? I have had 3 chest x-rays and a breathing function test. Nothing showed up.
I asked Dr. Afrin about Churg strauss and he said I didn't have it......now he is an incredibly smart doctor but I just worry about it which I should not be doing.

Any thoughts?

IP Logged

texan1960
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: weird breathing issues
Reply #1 - 06/12/11 at 14:03:50

Sounds like asthma...I have asthma symptoms. I have inhalers...you may need one on top of singulair.  The singulair will likely decrease the number of flare ups, but when our air is code orange...well gotta do the inhalers.  If you don't have one, you might ask.   Hope this helps.

A joyful heart is good medicine.

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #2 - 06/13/11 at 11:26:19

If you havent had asthma before, this isnt it now, especially if there is no wheezing in the chest, Hon, this is part of masto and it isnt that the meds you are on arent right--youre doing much better, they ARE right for you. You may need to add something to it OR increase one of the antihistamine doses each day. Only you can say which one helps it after you try. You gotta be a detective LOL.. sorry Hon, I have it too and so do so many of us! The good news is, youre smart and I bet you can take an extra zyrtec (or whatever you choose) in the middle of the day or an extra benadryl at night and this will get better. It wont go away 100% just pace yourself ok? We ALL have to tweak our own meds now and then Smiley
love ya
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #3 - 06/13/11 at 15:05:16

And, you could be just a little dehydrated.  If you can tolerate a sport drink or pedialyte before exercise, that might help.  I use a Flovent inhaler, and it seems to help.

Joan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print