Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Member (Read 2197 times)
runner
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

06/01/11 at 07:47:27

I am a 63 year old male with UP all my life, covered head to toe with brown spots. Luckily, they never itched,I was a boy( no dresses)...just scary thing to kids and adults. You can barely see them now in the last 15 years....faded away. But a resent biopsy shows they are still "active?" and giving me a burning and pricking sensation since Jan.. Looking for more info. and understanding. Skin doc not to up on it all.Rare stuff for sure Started taking accuputure and waiting for go ahead on UVB light therapy. Don't say neither one of these will work cause I'm counting on them... for now.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: New Member w/ UP
Reply #1 - 06/01/11 at 19:15:39

Hi Runner,

Welcome to the forum!  I don't have spots, but do have SM.  I wonder if you have any idea what is triggering them.  Some possibilities might be something you're eating (try low histamine diet), sun or heat exposure, detergent (try All Free & Clear), bath soap, or other environmental things.  Stress can also trigger mast cells.

I've read that light therapy does help, but maybe somebody on the forum has actually tried it and can give you some idea.  Mast cell stabilizers might make you more comfortable.  That would be ketotifen or gastrocrom.  You can look through the section on medicines and see what oral antihistamines people are taking.  Has a doctor suggested any meds?

Will someone please jump in here and tell Runner how to mix the skin cream that's made with nasalcrom or gastrocrom?

There's so much information on here that can answer almost any question, but if you have something new, just post it, and someone will reply.

Joan

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Re: New Member
Reply #2 - 06/02/11 at 00:19:51

Here's a link to the recipe for magic lotion:

http://www.mastokids.org/mml.php

I don't have UP either, but I know this lotion is called "magic" for a good reason!

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #3 - 06/02/11 at 05:04:26

Hi Runner!
Welcome to the forum Smiley
I was lucky like you were, I have the spots but I didnt have symptoms for over 20 years. About 6 years ago, I started having symptoms.  The last year it got worse enough that Im on disability now, but Im thankful for the years I was able to work.

I havent tried the light therapy but we are all curious, so let us know if it helps you or not , we would love to know. There are quite a few of us here who believe in Traditional Medicine AND Holistic Medicine too...I even love old Chinese Medicine and would like to study it.

If we can help in any way, please let us know. We're glad you're here!
hugs
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Susan
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 06/02/11 at 12:42:46

Hi Runner,

I haven't used acupuncture for mast cell issues, but I have used it for pain, in the past. It was very effective, but for me it may not have reached the core of why I was having pain. Still, if I could afford it regularly, I would happily do it.

Susan

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Chronic neurological infections
Diagnosed with Mastocytosis August 2011

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print