Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fibro and skin mast cells (Read 2176 times)
missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Fibro and skin mast cells
05/23/11 at 07:32:57

Hi guys this might be a repeat of what someone else has already posted. So sorry if it is. Thought this was interesting too.

http://painmuse.org/?p=369

Melissa

IP Logged

ruth
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Fibro and skin mast cells
Reply #1 - 05/23/11 at 11:51:08

Thanks Melissa, I haven't read all the links yet, but I cannot believe the number of connections here, even down to TMJ, which my son and I both have.

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #2 - 05/24/11 at 06:52:51

I know! Crazy huh? My mother in law has fibro but she also has tons of masto symptoms too. I'm really excited to see if they will connect all the dots in the future.
Melissa

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #3 - 05/24/11 at 13:10:17

I sent this information on to Dr. Ignacio Blanco, the researcher who discovered the morphed mast cells, and he was very interested in it!

Thanks for the information, Ladies!!

He's told me that fibromyalgia patients, although they have loads of complaints and symptoms he told me that they have 3 major ones: pain, excessive fatigue, and sleeping difficulties.   Dr. Blanco asked me if many masto patients also suffered from this?

How about giving me some comments for me to send to Dr. Blanco?!  How many of us suffer from these 3 major complaints?

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #4 - 05/24/11 at 13:25:01

I had the excessive fatigue... and pain... although mostly joint pain and headaches, not muscle pain or extreme skin sensitivity.  Thankfully, my sleep is OK.  I'm feeling MUCH better now that I'm properly medicated.  

My mom has fibromyalgia and those three symptoms fit her to a T.

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #5 - 05/24/11 at 17:09:59

Yes, Lisa.  In fact, at one point the doctor thought I had fibromyalgia, but I didn't have enough tender points to confirm that diagnosis.

Increasing my doses of antihistamines to both a.m. and p.m. have all but eliminated my muscle pain, unless I have a big episode or a long flare.  If I have a degranulation that includes flushing, even if it's not a really bad one, I get body aches that feel like I have the flu.  Tylenol helps, too, which makes me suspect prostaglandins.  

Antihistamines help a lot with both fatigue and brain fog.  The onset of serious degranulations (in 1992) included extreme fatigue and brain fog.  I was in bed for the better part of 4 months and had trouble following discussions in meetings at work.  I'd get up when the kids got home from school and then go back to sleep as soon as they were down for the night.  Every morning it would hurt just to put my feet on the floor.  I asked to be tested for rheumatoid arthritis, but the test was negative.

I have trouble with sleep onset, for which I take 1/2-3/4 mg. lorazepam nightly.  Most nights I can then sleep through until morning.

Joan

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #6 - 05/25/11 at 04:10:42

Lisa, Hi there. I was diagnosed with Fibro last year before TMEP. I did have sleeping difficulties. Frequent waking.....probably 2 to 5 times a night, I woke up very easliy. When I started hydroxizine of course this is no longer a problem. I have major fatigue! I always have some kind of pain. If I barely bump into something it hurts way more than it should, simple things like holding hands is uncomfortable. Muscle fatigue mostly in upper extremeties. Tested positive for all tender points especially occiput, supraspinatus, trapezius, and knee. Those where the most tender.
Melissa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print