Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rash with cold/flu (Read 1809 times)
In2butterflyz
Tutor

Rash with cold/flu
05/05/11 at 14:24:35

Hey Everyone,  Smiley

At the beginning of April I came down with a cold/flu.  I didn't take any medications I just tried to drink a lot of water.  I noticed that I had broke out in a rash on my chest and back, it’s the same rash I get if I take any medications.  It eventually went away a couple days later.  Well Tuesday I started to come down with another cold/flu and now today (Thursday) I broke out in the same rash again.  I am wondering if it is because I have gotten a fever with both colds or is it just the way my mast cells are reacting to a viral infection?  Does anyone else break out in these rashes when they are fighting a illness?

Take Care,
Tracey

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Rash with cold/flu
Reply #1 - 05/08/11 at 01:40:48

Sorry Tracey, I didn't see this post!!

the rash would be connected most likely to the mast cell triggering.  You  need to up your meds a bit when you have any kind of infection because these infections trigger the mast cells - they are just doing their normal job, but with us, due to how much release we have already going on, this just sends us over the the top.  So, for the time being, until you are better, to keep from going into bigger reacting it won't do you any harm to take one extra dose of antihistamines to help deal with the extra reacting.

Lisa

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

In2butterflyz
Tutor

Reply #2 - 05/08/11 at 14:15:38

Thanks for the reply and advice Lisa!  Smiley

I was thinking the same thing too so the past couple days I have been taking a extra dose of both H1 and H2’s.  

Take Care,
Tracey

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #3 - 05/09/11 at 12:31:28

I agree with Lisa. I think youre feeling as if you have the flu but its probably mast cells reacting and her advice is exactly right. Hope you feel better soon,
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print