Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Husband having lumps!? (Read 2176 times)
Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Husband having lumps!?
05/03/11 at 22:33:49

Does anybody have any idea what this is?  My husband is having big lumps appear and disappear on different parts of his body.  They're big, some around 2" x 3" (some smaller, too), look a little red, are warm, and feel thickened, but only itch a little. They come and go and pop up in different places each day, then disappear in a day or two.  He only has a few at a time.

We're still out of town, so no doc to see here.  If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Joan

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Husband having lumps!?
Reply #1 - 05/04/11 at 06:29:28

Totally perplexed Joan! Sounds allergy like since they are coming and going? I get cysts in my hands and feet but they don't come and go so fast, they swell and do become red when I'm working the tendons they are attatched to ( gardening, walking etc). Since you have antihistimines maybe you should give em a try on him. Something in the air, pollen related he may not be tolerating? Sheesh! No good Smiley

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #2 - 05/04/11 at 11:56:34

Gosh, Joan, I've NOT a single clue as to this!!   Yet, as long as he's not running a fever, or having some kinds of symptoms which would be of an alarming nature, then don't let it ruin your vacation, but when you get home, set up and appointment with a dermo and get moving on it.  

Lisa

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #3 - 05/05/11 at 16:36:18

I agree with Lisa, he does need to make an appt. I might guess (but thats all it is) that those lumps are lymph nodes which swell when they are fighting some type of infection (You have many many lymph nodes all over the body-- --which is why he feels rotten, too.. Let us know how he is ok.
love ya,
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #4 - 05/06/11 at 13:47:31

So, the diagnosis for my husband is......   idiopathic urticaria!!!   LOLOLOLOL    Huh  Cheesy Sad

He's going to have some allergy testing and also a test to see if he's allergic to an antibiotic.  In the meantime, the treatment is antihistamines!  Does anyone think that a shot of prednisone or a dose pak would have been more helpful?  I can't help but think that the antihistamines are only treating the symptoms and won't really calm the mast cells.

Joan

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 05/09/11 at 08:46:35

He's going to swear you are contagious! Smiley Maybe it will go away once he's away from where you are? That's wild Joan! The pollen is wild right now pretty much everywhere. Maybe it will subside. I know you are very sensitive to laundry detergents, even though you have a "free" kind have you switched brands? For some reason my daughter will go total hives with All, but tide free and others are fine.Just a thought, I'm sure it's not it! Any weird change in diet while traveling?

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Reply #6 - 05/09/11 at 12:32:47

LOL poor Mr Joan! Its a family affair eh?  I hope he feels better soon Smiley
love ya
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1