Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Weird rash (Read 2214 times)
cjoy
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!
Nebraska, USA
Weird rash
04/16/11 at 16:36:10

Today I was sitting at a ballgame in the sun and felt it beating down on my leg (I was wearing jeans).  When I went to the restroom and looked at my leg, it was bright red but mottled looking with normal colored splotches mixed with the bright red.  Weird.  Anyone else react to heat this way?  I normally get weird rashes with cold (air or water) but this is the first one from heat.   Cool

Now is the moment of opportunity ~ Choose Joy!

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Weird rash
Reply #1 - 04/16/11 at 19:16:38

Sorry, I can't remember if you have a diagnosis already or not, but most mast cell disorder people do react from heat and sun.  (I always had the most awful time going to my daughter's softball games in the summer in the south!  100 degrees, 98% humidity, no shade.  Flushing, headaches, feeling sick.)  You can tell if it's a mast cell issue if you pre-medicate the next time you have to be outside in the heat and see if extra meds keep it from happening.  Hydration is so important.  Those mast cells get really cranky when they're dehydrated and it's hot out!

Joan

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #2 - 04/17/11 at 02:54:37

Very true. Heat is a mjor trigger for many people. I get rashes and go into shock from it. So, yes, that rash was probably from the heat. If you are able, take an extra meds immediately when that happens (such as I would take an allegra or zyrtec). Then you need to get out of the sun and preferably into air conditioning.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Josie
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/17/11 at 04:45:33

Hi All ,

I have a limited window between ok and overheated - needing meds and cooling asap . I surprised a friend last week who has not seen me in the summer until now . I viewed my new property and the heat of the day ( spring here - 21 0c)  and no fan , meant I lasted 15 mins outside the air conditioned car before I was bright red and itchy . I pre medicated to achieve this time . And rested for the rest of the day

Direct sunlight and indirect heat from - are known as mast cell triggers . I can't sit in the sun at all now . Shade all the way . Don't get me wrong , I used to be a sun worshiper ( with sun cream ) . My boyfriend notices how much happier I am when kept cooled . I am happiest when my skin is cool to touch . Serious cold ( 0 degrees or less ) will lead to me triggering . But heat is far quicker ;-(

Cool baths remove some heat for me . I do wander if I could produce energy and sell it to the electric grid ??? Smiley

Adaption again , has been a vital thing for me Wink

ttfn ( ta ta for now )

Jose

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print