Send Topic Print
Gotta go... (Read 3953 times)
Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Gotta go...
04/13/11 at 14:41:22

I've been noticing a problem over the last few weeks, and I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed this...

Today I had quite a bit of iced tea at lunch.  I left the restaurant feeling fine.  Although it wasn't a hot day (around 65 degrees), the car had been parked in the sun and was pretty toasty when I climbed in.  Heat is a big trigger for me.  About five minutes into the drive, I suddenly needed to go to the bathroom VERY BADLY.  And... although I'm a bit embarrassed to say this... I couldn't even make it out of the parking garage and across the street to a bathroom.  I had to relieve myself <ahem> crouched down next to my car.  Thank God nobody saw me Embarrassed  

Has anybody else experienced this kind of problem?  I don't think it's anything like IC... it doesn't hurt when I pee and I'm not peeing all the time.  It's just that lately, when I gotta go I REALLY GOTTA GO.  

Heather

ps - Sorry I haven't posted much lately.  Long story, but I have been sooooooooo busy!  Things will get better soon  Cool

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Gotta go...
Reply #1 - 04/13/11 at 15:35:04

YIKES!!!   TALK ABOUT A TIGHT SPOT!!! Embarrassed

I fully sympathize with you Heather!!  What in the world do you do with that one?!!  No, I've not had that problem with urination but with defication, you bet and I've ended up dirtying myself running to get to the bathroom in time!!  I felt like a 4 year old child !! Cry

Oh, there are times when there are aspects of the living the day to day life of this disease are hard to handle!!  VERY HARD!!

Sorry that you found yourself in such a difficult spot my friend!!  This sounds like a new symptom Heather - incontenence and yes, this is part of anaphylaxis and I have read about this, but usually the person is totally blatto when this happens!!!  

How you deal with this one, my friend, I've not the slightest!!! Sad

Maybe Dr. Castells can advise you.

Lisa

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 04/13/11 at 18:05:26

I'm in Lisa's realm, #2 been there, my body just shuts down and wants to eliminate all avenues of travel. When it gets hot you definitely drink more so before you had your iced tea out you had possibly already drank a bit of water then went out and had iced tea and boom it all hit that bladder at that moment? I live in Tucson, so we are major water drinkers and peeers Smiley when the warm weather hits, I can chug a lot more unknowingly just trying to keep cool.

IP Logged

Josie
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/14/11 at 09:25:07

Hi Heather .

I have had this problem with poo for many yrs . Recently I have a suddenly painfully full bladder , which  i have to attend now . I have traditionally had a nurses bladder , which can hold a whole days wee .

I noticed it first in shock and attributed it it the prostoglandins hitting my kidneys and high heart rate ( all by myself ) . I thought it was the adrenaline , but it happpens even if I am not quite epi pen level . Now have it regularly . I have attributed this to prostoglandins as even my my blood sugar is within normal limits it happens . I also have regular angiodeama , so a volume is constantly being drained back into system from my lymphatic system which needs get processed through my kidneys . I pee like a horse 3-4 days post shock . As the fluid from my tissues is removed

I have found vestril has helped in both volumes and frequency . Tylenol helps with the prostoglandins . But it is a salicilate so would need to be considered with caution for many .

many hugs
Jose

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #4 - 04/14/11 at 14:44:58

Hmmm... maybe Tylenol is the explanation.  I haven't been taking much lately because the joint pain is gone (yeah!) and the headaches have become much less frequent.  At one point I was going through a 100-capsule bottle every 2-3 months.  Now I'm taking only a few doses per month.  Huge difference.

Definitely something to think about... thanks, Josie!

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Kim
Guiding Light

Rapid City SD
Reply #5 - 04/14/11 at 15:59:57

Hi Heather;
     Brie has had this issue for a couple of years now.  It is a problem that comes and goes.  She will have it for a couple months and then it improves.  She started with frequency and SEVERE urgency.  I took her to the Dr. many times to rule out UTI's and she was always negative.  She had never been a bed wetter and she never had a problem with daytime incontinence... and then a couple years ago she experienced a few episodes of both of these.  This has not occured for a long time but she still will go weeks or months in that when she has to go... she has to go!!!!
                                                              Kim

IP Logged

Josie
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/14/11 at 21:31:45

Hi Kim ,

If Brie is showing signs of cystitis , an interstitial type is known to be caused by mast cell splitting . I have had this for 15 yrs old . I have just started vestril - hyroxizine and it is making a big difference for me . I don't know if it is ok to use with children . I have thrown my box away . I will check on my next new bottle Wink Vestril is used by the NIH (US ) for this and brain fog Wink

In general terms pomegranate juice is good for keeping urine PH up and alkaline . Barley water is also useful . I don't tolerate barley but pomegranate juice helps the sting when It happens

many hugs

Josie

IP Logged

r123
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - 07/13/11 at 15:48:31

I have had this problem as well over the last few years. Before I knew I had masto, I was out drinking with my friends, which obviously tends to effect how frequently you have to pee, and a (sober) friend drove us somewhere like MAYBE 10 minutes away, and like 3 minutes into it I had to pee. By the time we were at like 5-6 minutes into the drive I thought I'd explode! I kept envisioning LEAPING out of the car in search of a bathroom. Thankfully I found one in time.

I've never actually had an "accident" but sometimes the urge to pee comes on so suddenly. Not to mention the anxiety I felt for years after that incident I mentioned above... I kept worrying it would happen again, and while I don't feel extreme pain like I have heard other people describe, my bladder feels agonizingly full to the point that it becomes a bit painful. I stopped going out all through college (I was 18 during that first incident, right around the time I started developing my dots).

Anyways, for a few years I was miserable, I lived in NYC for college and there are practically NO PUBLIC BATHROOMS in all of NYC and it made going out torture.

Since I stopped worrying about it as much, I've noticed the symptoms aren't as bad, but when my masto acts up or I'm stressed out I use the bathroom constantly. My suggestion is to drink vitamin water or something with electrolytes to keep you hydrated so you don't have to drink as much liquid, and keep toilet paper in the car and your purse in case your on the go... and half to go (okay that was cheesy, I apologize! lol)

good luck.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Electrolyte solution recipe
Reply #8 - 07/13/11 at 16:23:28

I've also done so much better if I drink electrolytes.  I saw an article the other day about an electrolyte solution you can make at home (no dyes, additives).  This recipe is the one used by the World Health Organization to save many children's lives in developing countries:

WHO Oral Rehydration Solution

Table Salt (NaCl) 1/2 tsp.*
Salt Substitute (KCl) 1/2 tsp.*
Baking Soda 1/2 tsp.
Table Sugar 2 tablespoons
Tap Water 1 Liter (= 1 Qt. 2 tablespoons)
Chill. Can be served with fresh fruit juice in it. One can also mix it with Crystal Light or "sugar-free Kool-Aid" - don't use Regular Kool-Aid as it takes extra sugar which can worsen diarrhea.

This tastes quite salty to someone who isn't dehydrated.

NOTE: *Morton's Salt makes that is half NaCl (table salt) and half Potassium salt (KCl) and is called "Lite Salt" - if that is what your grocery store has, simply use 1 teaspoon of the the Lite Salt in place of of the table salt and potassium salt.

Joan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print