Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hives that burn like a bee sting, and pop up in same spot everytime (Read 3607 times)
Jenlwel
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Hives that burn like a bee sting, and pop up in same spot everytime
07/10/11 at 15:28:41

What are these called?? Help?? These hives are only in a couple of places, but sting and burn, and are the indication that I could be in trouble. Usually, I take some more antihistimine and put aloe on them and it calms them down.
I actually had a doctor tell it was scabies, humiliating!! Not my doctor anymore.
Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks..

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Re: Hives that burn like a bee sting, and pop up in same spot everytime
Reply #1 - 07/12/11 at 08:46:53

I get a rash like that from sunlight and hot showers... more painful than itchy!  It's like I had a run-in with fire ants.  The best solution I've found is Benadryl cream.  I keep a tube with me at all times.

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

NZNancy
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 07/12/11 at 12:47:06

Jenlwel, have a look at http://mastokids.org/mml.php  and find the "secret recipe" for the topical cromolyn cream made with NasalCrom, which is available OTC in the US. Using this cream on those spots daily or twice a day may keep the local mast cells calm enough to eliminate these painful hives, or make them less of a problem. On the other hand, of course, it might not help at all! One only knows by trying. And if it doesn't help those spots, it will work well on insect stings or itchy rashes for the whole family.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
re: Benadryl cream
Reply #3 - 07/12/11 at 17:18:21

A well-respected allergist told me that using Benadryl cream can cause one to become allergic to oral Benadryl.   It should be used very cautiously, and possibly not used at all, if Benadryl is relied upon as a rescue medicine.

Joan

IP Logged

Jenlwel
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 07/13/11 at 01:30:18

Thank you for the suggestions...Does anyone have an official name?? Just hives that sting? I want to be able to tell this doctor I am going to...Thank you again!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print