Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
New, with questions (Read 21642 times)
DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: New, with questions
Reply #45 - 04/02/11 at 01:35:55

One thing that I will share with you: while it is very necessary to be aware of your symptoms (especially in the early days of your investigation to figuring out what is wrong with you) it is easy to get so focused on how we feel that we actually can trigger ourselves into feeling poorly. For example, if I talk too long about my symptoms, I will actually start to feel sick! I do best by staying aware but not focuing on my symptoms 24/7. Now I am in the good position of not needing to investigate my condition as you need to. I already have done all that. At this point, it is second nature for me to avoid my triggers without needing to consciously focus on them all the time. I realize that I am lucky to be at that point, and it took me 10 whole years of being really sick and undiagnosed with no meds! However, it is a fact that STRESS and anxiety (worrying) will trigger our symptoms. So, be careful, be aware, but don't get obsessed with how you feel every second. You will know if you are going along in your day and suddenly something feels wrong. You might not want to go seeking your symptoms though in at attempt to see if they are triggering or feeling normal.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Josie
Ex Member

Re: New, with questions
Reply #46 - 04/02/11 at 02:03:36

Hi Deb ,

I agree . I live and deal with symptoms as they happen . It can be easy to go over that line from looking after yourself and being self aware to it being everything you are .

To discover my triggers I used a dairy and just documented without trying to "work stuff out " . I then reviewed it every month . If I reacted I text messaged myself my symptoms , as a record as when the doctors asked me what had happened I couldn't remember . This is because my brain fog would take over .

I transferred these messages with foods , drinks , everything relevant. Over a period of a year i sussed many triggers this way . Things like gelatin took a while to emerge as I reacted to it in various forms . These were Epi pen or near miss level reactions .

I also discovered my corn flour problem from the diary and cleaning products Wink

My advice about peak flow , is based on gold standard care for asthma , regardless of trigger . Wink  Established asthma is a known risk for serious anaphylactic reactions . Its on the TMS emergency plan Wink

Many hugs

Jose

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print