HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dry eyelids (Read 4484 times)
Sarah4
Tutor

Dry eyelids
03/13/11 at 09:11:47

I have been having trouble with my eyelids.  They are often a bit swollen and were swelling noticeably all last summer and fall.  Now they are very dry and rough to the touch.  I have tried to moisturize them, as I do with the rest of my very dry skin, but they still really bother me.

Has anyone experienced or heard of this?

Hyperadrenergic POTS, probable MCAD, HDCT (overlap EDS/Stickler Syndrome), Dermatographic and Cholinergic Urticaria, hypothyroidism, pituitary microadenoma, migraines, chronic pain

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Re: Dry eyelids
Reply #1 - 03/13/11 at 13:28:21

Sarah:
I off & on have a lot of trouble with my eyes, but it's not vision just  pain around my eye. My masto doc but me on pataday, a mast cell inhibitor eye drops and they work great although are prescription & are expensive for the size of bottle that you get. I also try to use a nose spay nasalcrom which is otc, has gastrocrom in it. There is an OTC eye drop  called something zadatin, it has ketitofin in it which is a mast cell inhibitor. You might give them  a try. Sarah saw you posted on Canadian site. Manuella has same eye problem, but up there they didn't have pataday so she use alocril. Works some but nothing like Pataday.
Mike V
« Last Edit: 03/14/11 at 03:36:43 by mikev »  

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 03/13/11 at 16:56:17

mike v I also loved the rx eye drop patanol, oh my gosh it was fantabulous. But too expensive, that was a lot of years ago don't know if it's gotten better, my backup is similisan allergy eye and dry eye,

I was going through a horrible spell of allergic conjunctivitis and it would not stop, then I had a scaly eye lid/ little zit thingys occurring also, I"m trying to remember what that condition was called. Finally I got it under decent control with face products that didn't bother me and a mix of the drops. I used a small baby sized washcloth with a mild soap I wish I could remember the name, but I didn't react to it....
Just looked up the condition, Blephartis, now I didn't fit the box for it, I did not have oily skin or eyelids, but severe allergic pink eye kept occuring, I had to be put on steroid eyedrops and the patanol and keep trying to find something for my face that was not contributing.
A couple times a day I would use a clean, sterilized baby wash cloth to wash my eyelids and not re-use. Thank God that cycle is over,
I can't have mica near my face, skin, hair and it's in lipsticks, hairsprays tons of cosmetics, also there were a few others we figured out, I've given away so many skin care products! Arggh,,, Oh I highly recommend purity by philosophy for a face wash. Gentle on dry skin and perfect for washing oily makeup loaded skin also, it's gentle amazing stuff.  I always think If my eyes could be tested for masto they would def be diagnosed! A hair product will make my eyes nuts!

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 03/13/11 at 16:57:20

On the patanol, expensive or not it was worth the price to get me through the "crisis period" so maybe you could get on it for a few months along with the other protocol and then dial it down

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Reply #4 - 03/14/11 at 03:33:25

Sandi:
Pataday is the new version of Patanol. I find it works better. I also tried Alocril but Pataday was the best. Also use a cold wash cloth rather than a hot one & it helps to. But if didn't have insurance would go for the Zatadin OTC. & your right the pain can be brutal aound the eyes.
MikeV

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 03/14/11 at 06:41:33

I'm checking out that zatadin Mike thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print