Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ash color face (Read 4111 times)
Roger
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Ash color face
03/10/11 at 03:25:01

I have sytemic masto and very often, like maybe once a week my color is very ashen or gray.  Does anyone else have this symptom?

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Ash color face
Reply #1 - 03/10/11 at 09:33:13

Hi Roger,

There are so many puzzling symptoms we get!  How do you feel on the days when you're "grayish?"  That might tell you whether or not it is the masto causing it.

When I'm having a flare, my color is sometimes odd.  Sometimes gray, sometimes reddish.  Might want to check to see if you're anemic (look for pale gums and paleness under eyelids or have a blood test).  Do you have any asthma or lung problems?  If your blood oxygen gets low, you can get a grayish look.

I'm sure someone else will have some other ideas.

Joan

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #2 - 03/10/11 at 09:35:48

Hi Roger!

No, this doesn't happen to me when I'm reacting nor does it happen to me when I'm not reacting.   However, Roger I'm wondering if this isn't what they call cyanosis.  This is something you should check out, Roger, for there may be more to it than just a weird symptom.  Your oxygen levels should be checked out and it's worth having your doctors do some testing.   It may not be anything important, but let them go over you and prove that it's nothing important.

I hope this helps!

Lisa

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Josie
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/10/11 at 11:46:05

Hi Roger ,

I go "ashen" when i don't have enough oxygen or my heart rythym is funny . Do you feel anything in your chest when this happens ????  Funny rythyms or angina can be completly managed xxxxxxx The exact problem needs identifying . It , for you may be a , in a reaction symptom . Was it with an epi pen or alone ???? Are you on any tricyclic anti depressants for any reason Wink sorry about the questions .

Does it go away by itself ?? Do you feel ok ?? if you ahve ahome blood pressure cuff take your blood pressure and manuallly count your pulse . Noting if its regular , irregular , faint or strong or a mix xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx And let me know xxxxxxx

I was a cardiology nurse for 15 yrs . My instinct is that you get an EKG when your well and for now see being ashen as a sign you are poorly.

Do you get any chest pain with it , even discomfort , or arm or jaw pain ?? Does it happen at rest or when you are active , what sort of things would you be doing ??

Ill watch for your replay and respond asap xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  
Josie

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 03/10/11 at 18:39:09

Roger, I was going to comment on oxygen levels first also! How are you feeling when it happens?
I do change color a lot, I can be very very red, tan, or pale/greyish. Depending upon the reacting going on, when I am the pastey/greyish I'm usually becoming or feeling very ill ( degranulating frenzy), getting cold etc.
What color are your nailbeds when this is happening? If they are bluish also and you are not "cold" or triggering that's another oxygen clue.

IP Logged

ruth
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 03/10/11 at 23:10:08

That's interesting to hear, I can often tell when my son is going to be unwell by his color, especially grey around the mouth and sometimes the eyes.  Within 24 hours he has either had a GI episode or broken out in a rash of some sort.  I will look out for the nailbeds next time.  I can't believe how often something comes up here that we can relate to. Still in search of a diagnosis, but it keeps me believing we can find one.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print