Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
weird chest pain/sharpness (Read 2700 times)
missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
weird chest pain/sharpness
03/06/11 at 06:59:29

Okay, so I don't really know how to discribe this but over the past 2 to 3 months I have noticed this weird chest feeling.....it's hard to describe, it's kind of like this sharpness, I don't think it's tightness. I feel it more on the exhale and it is more at the top of my chest close to the base of my neck. It comes and goes, I really noticed it after peanut butter so I stopped eating that. It's still happening. It almost feels like when you have a chest cold and the mucos is so dry that it does this tickle and makes you cough. Except I don't feel the need to cough. Is it because I'm on so many antihistamines that it dries me out and that weird feeling in my chest is actually irritation because I have no lubrication. Anyone else experience this. I think I will go see the doctor this week. Should I get tested for asthma? I don't have any wheezing. I just did a good cough for a secound and it felt better for like 20 secounds.
Melissa

IP Logged

nikweth
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: weird chest pain/sharpness
Reply #1 - 03/07/11 at 00:52:24

Oh, the start of my dilema 21 years ago at 18 was this exact pain you are describing  Mine would wax and wane during season changes primarily fall to winter and winter to spring.  Then about six years ago it started to be almost a permanent pain.  It's scary and "heart attack" comes to mind.  They always told me it was costchondoritis  and then mixed connective tissue but I went to Mayo in Jan and found out if was part of the mcas.  Many others have the same chest pain.  Mine has been so bad that I feel like I could just keel over from pain. Tylenol helps and is the only thing I can take.  The best success I've had in helping the pain is accupuncture. It's been amazing.  I am now having severe pain in my left knee which I guess is also connected.

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: weird chest pain/sharpness
Reply #2 - 03/09/11 at 14:22:28

I have chosto from an old car accident.  It is a chronic form of inflammation.  When you have something inflamming, then when your masto acts up, that "thing" will get worse too.

Also,  a pulmonologist told me that women frequently experience arthritis symptoms initially in their ribs.  Ribs go first I guess!  

I was told to take Tylenol.  Mine bugs me sometimes... all that ticking, pain, and sometimes I can even hear it CREAK when I breathe out.  Totally creepy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print