Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
liquid vs. tablet zyrtec (Read 2730 times)
jenwic
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
southern Ohio
liquid vs. tablet zyrtec
02/06/11 at 12:54:48

I am going to try Zyrtec and thought that with my history of med sensitivity I would start with a small dose of liquid Zyrtec.  I noticed on the ingredient list it has artificial grape and banana flavors and natural banana flavor along with other inactive ingredients.  The tablets don't seem to have so many.  Have any of you had a problem with liquid Zyrtec?  By the way, it's the Walmart Equate brand.

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: liquid vs. tablet zyrtec
Reply #1 - 02/07/11 at 14:15:12

Hi.  I take the CVS kid dose grape flavored zyrtec.  Like you, I can not take too high of a dose.  I only take 1/2 tsp each night (for a toddler!) and it knocks me out flat.  So far, tolerated it o.k.  It has put an end to my insomnia, that's for sure!

IP Logged

jenwic
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
southern Ohio
Re: liquid vs. tablet zyrtec
Reply #2 - 02/07/11 at 15:22:06

I took 1/2 a teaspoon last night and I felt wired and sleepy at the same time.  I woke up often and all day I felt like my heart was very sensitive, like the least little thing I did would make my heart race and pound.  Guess that's another med to add to the list I don't tolerate well, along with Claritan and a million others.  The only antihistimine I tolerate is Benadryl.  Maybe I'll try Allegra next.  Not many left Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print