Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mouth Symptoms (Read 2864 times)
nikweth
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Mouth Symptoms
01/31/11 at 13:45:25

Question: Does anyone ever get symptoms of the mouth? For years I have experienced either what I believe is inflammed taste buds which just look like red pinpricks at the tip of my tongue OR fleshy white colored bumps on the side of my tongue. They can just come and go but when I'm flaring they come and go often.  The Rheum at Mayo did see the white bumps on the side of my tongue last week but just kind of shrugged not knowing what they were. I have shown them to my allergist, er docs and family doctor but they don't seem to notice them however I can definetely feel them come and go. I think they are allergic reactions or could possibly be a gerd reaction but benedryl does seem to help sometimes.

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Mouth Symptoms
Reply #1 - 02/01/11 at 05:35:22

Yes, Yes for all the above, some docs throw it into Oral Allergy Syndrome, but I get the small red ones, the white, then the weird swirly crop circle look to the entire tongue, it's like all the little thingys are sticking up like a 70's shag carpet, Ive got one photo of a weird one once, where I had one particular get huge, they are all painful, most fruits and veggies trigger that for me so I can't eat them.  Ugghh I was looking for the photo for you, can't find it. So far no cure for me, just avoid what causes it. Sometimes I can have something and it won't trigger it, then the next 10 tries it does!  Geographic tongue is another term used for some of the symptoms. Also I will get soreness which is different, and I finally found a sublingual b vitamin that helps that, that has made a huge difference. Again totally different than the "other" irritated/ allergic type of symptoms!

IP Logged

nikweth
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 02/01/11 at 06:29:13

I'll have to look up Geographic tongue. Sometimes they come on even when I haven't eaten anything in hours.  I drink a lot of hot water so maybe that irriates them. I have a hard time drinking cold drinks so for the most part it's coffee and hot water.

IP Logged

pdl
Rookie

Reply #3 - 02/01/11 at 08:16:26

I get geographic tongue.  It hurts!  I also get little bumps on the inside of my cheek.  My oncologist says that burning mouth is an indicator for this disease.  He is currently having a study published on it.  I think the b vitamins also help the symptoms.  Low b6, I believe can cause tongue and mouth issues and with this disease malabsorbtion can creep up.  Since I have been on the Gastrocrom and Aspirin, I have not noticed a flare, also but I also take b vitamins.

IP Logged

cynclaire
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 02/03/11 at 15:35:17

I also have geographic tongue but I never tied it to masto!  Interesting!?

IP Logged

Sandi
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 02/03/11 at 18:20:26

Ok we're talking about this elswhere right now on here too, I just posted, mentally having this conversation already thinking I was posting to you too,  can't find it,,,,, maybe you can!

IP Logged

Jaxx
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 02/04/11 at 14:09:46

This is my first time on the site and i'm learning so much.  I get monroe's lesions all the time, and get geographic more occassionally.  Wikipedia says i ts rarely painful, but for wikipedia lies...it hurts really badly.  I got a case of it this summer after eating peaching that i thought was like to kill me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print