Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Low Dose Heparin + Mast Cell Disease ? (Read 3750 times)
zippy890
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Low Dose Heparin + Mast Cell Disease ?
11/03/15 at 06:44:10

Listmates,

I had a doctor suggest to me the other day that, a very low dose of heparin would benefit my mast cell disease, and also my rheumatic pain.  He said he had cured someone of Interstitial Cystitis with low dose heparin.

Does this jibe with the knowledge base here ?  I've tried to Google it, but am not coming up with much.

Thanks in advance,
Todd in Tenn.

P.S.  This is my first post in a while.   Just to let you guys know.  I'm still out here, lurking about !    Wink

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Low Dose Heparin + Mast Cell Disease ?
Reply #1 - 11/06/15 at 19:32:16

Hi Todd,

This doesn't make sense to me.  Heparin is one of the mediators that is released in a mast cell degranulation.  It thins the blood.  Too much can cause greater amounts of bleeding if there's a cut or bruise.  Do check with a mast cell disorder doctor before you take anything like that.  I'm not a doctor, so would be good to get a professional opinion.

Joan

IP Logged

zippy890
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Low Dose Heparin + Mast Cell Disease ?
Reply #2 - 11/20/15 at 05:59:28

Joan,

Thanks for your reply.   The dose was quite low.   Perhaps, the intent was to do some reverse inhibition on the mast cell ?   Like, "Oh look.  There's already some heparin out there.  We must have already degranulated.  Stand down."  

I'm thinking I will not explore this issue at this time.  

Best,
Todd in Tenn.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print