Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
mold allergies (Read 6071 times)
Kallie2
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

mold allergies
10/31/14 at 11:59:49

Anyone have mold allergies or a problem with mold in your home?  I'm basically allergic to everything but keeping mold under control in my home is a contributing factor.   Any suggestions how to treat mold allergies?  Antigens made me worse.  I avoid food that might have mold, use de-humidifier constantly & try to keep a clean home.  Any help appreciated.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: mold allergies
Reply #1 - 11/01/14 at 20:53:45

Hi Kallie,

I have bad mold allergies and will try to post a reply tomorrow with suggestions.  It's difficult if you live in a wet climate, but also can be a bigger problem than people would think in dry ones.  I've done immunotherapy for a long time, and it helps a little, but isn't a cure by any means.  Of course the mold triggers the masto, too.

More later....

Joan

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #2 - 11/01/14 at 21:25:34

Yes I react to mold. I try to keep aware in the house. Lots of fresh air. Clean frequently. Avoid being inside old/musty/moldy buildings.

I have yet to try any cheese other than mozzarella, but I don't think I'll ever try blue cheese. I've never done well with other fermented things like alcohol or vinegar anyway. There's a yeast free diet some people follow.

Good luck

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #3 - 11/05/14 at 14:13:01

We had mold in our duct work of our furnace/air conditioner.  It took a long time to find, but I was reacting to something...we just had to find it.  My biggest word of advice would be if you hire a mold inspector make sure they are NOT re-mediators as well. You don't want an inspector that will profit from "finding" mold.
Also I have been told to keep the humidity above 50%.
There are some buildings that I can not walk into many years after they had a water issue...I think I am a human mold detector.

Pam

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #4 - 11/07/14 at 14:30:38

I'm so frustrated!

I've written 2 long posts with a lot of info on protecting ourselves from mold triggers, and both have disappeared before they were posted!  I will try again soon.

My last one said "form spoofing...." after I hit "Post" and my entire post disappeared.  I have no idea what that means!

Joan

IP Logged

Bruce Hart
Guiding Light

Oklahoma, USA
Reply #5 - 11/08/14 at 07:16:04

Yeah Joan it's very frustrating to lose long posts. I try to remember to type my long posts up in something else, like Evernote, then once finished paste it into browser. I've lost too many long posts in the past to type them up in a browser. Evernote constantly saves so even if your power goes out or something it will be fine.

IP Logged

Kallie2
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 11/23/14 at 11:47:46

Thanks.  Trying to keep mold from growing is a full time job & then I'm not always successful.  I have chosen to use window a/c instead of central unit because of mold in duct work.  Each spring I have them taken outside & washed thoroughly. That has worked the best for me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print