Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sore throat after being triggered (Read 5618 times)
Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Sore throat after being triggered
08/24/14 at 09:47:49

Hi everyone! So I seem to be having a kind of new, or rather more frequent symptom. When I get around a fragrance that is particularly troubling for me, or eat something I shouldn't I have, my throat gets tight. Not to the point of anaphylaxis that goodness. Butt after this happens, my throat gets very sore for a day or two and is "mucusy". Is this a common reaction?

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: Sore throat after being triggered
Reply #1 - 08/24/14 at 20:59:53

Happens to be all the time yes. Especially after inhaled exposures.

IP Logged

Susan
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 08/25/14 at 12:51:00

Yes, I have this too. In fact, my entire GI tract, mouth to belly to out at the end, can get swollen and inflamed due to inhaled exposure. Usually the sore throat does not last too long if I am sure to drink plenty of fluids. For me, it seems to be a lymphatic congestion that happens with the exposure, so if I can get things moving again, it will improve. so liquids, especially warm liquids, gentle movement or massage of the area (if you can tolerate it) might help. This in addition to what you do normally.

Susan

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Chronic neurological infections
Diagnosed with Mastocytosis August 2011

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 08/25/14 at 13:01:54

Hi Brigitte--This happens to me all the time too with scents and many foods.  I did a swallow study while this was happening and the diameter of my throat was so small.  When I take Benadryl, I can feel the swelling go down quickly. I have Eosinophilic Esophagitis, and Dr. Afrin thinks angioedema is a major contributor to these episodes.  I get the mucous too, and drinking a lot of water does seem to help me too.  I'm sorry you are having this symptom:(   Take care--Sarah

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print