Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
prednisone (Read 2831 times)
Kallie2
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

prednisone
07/14/14 at 01:41:46

My Internist has given me Prednisone to take for Meniere's in order to try to save some of my hearing.  I'm reluctant to take it because so far I've had bad reaction to all meds.  Anyone here take it & what were your reactions?  Thanks. Undecided

IP Logged

redbird
Guru

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: prednisone
Reply #1 - 07/18/14 at 00:34:07

Kallie...
don't know if anyone has answered your question regarding prednisone ...I have only taken it on a short term base but do know people who have it on a daily med..
short term for me usually has to do with back ache etc...and it is a wonderful "feel good" med that makes you think you can move mountains..mine is usually in a little packet..
from others I have heard it does have some side effect for long term use ...but then they have not had a choice other than to use it..losing one's hearing would really be hard and I am hoping that you have gotten some good advice from either your doctor or someone with more knowledge..
redbird

IP Logged

Bruce Hart
Guiding Light

Oklahoma, USA
Reply #2 - 07/18/14 at 14:04:43

I don't tolerate most things I ingest whether food, meds or nutritional supplements. I eat one food, and I can't find a B-complex I can tolerate. But I do tolerate dye free Benadryl and Zyrtec very well.

Many of us have a ton of intolerances so we know it's not fun to try new things. Unfortunately when it comes to our non-IgE-mediated allergies we simply have to try it and see. Often it's the fillers in meds, such as dyes, that we don't tolerate, so I always try to find one with minimal inactive ingredients and dye free to reduce chances of it having something in it I'll react to. You can get a lot of meds compounded to avoid an untolerated inactive ingredient too.

But triggers/intolerances, symptoms and effective meds vary per individual with MCAD. I hope you find something that works well for you.

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 07/18/14 at 16:02:03

Hi Kallie,
I've taken it many times with anaphylactic reactions and it is the only med that can really settle things down for me.  Benadryl helps a lot too.  I have taken different formulations of the prednisone, but it seems to help, even though I'm bothered by some fillers in some meds.  If I take more than 20-40mg of prednisone though, I get a pounding heart, and feel funky.  I wish you luck with your decision--Sarah

IP Logged

Kallie2
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 07/21/14 at 06:47:25

Thanks everyone!  I know I'll have to try it but it helps to know it didn't cause anaphylactic reaction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print