Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
castells, do i need a referral (Read 4147 times)
northerndarlene
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

castells, do i need a referral
06/02/14 at 16:16:24

do i need a referral to see dr castells?

IP Logged

lynda51
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
WI
Re: castells, do i need a referral
Reply #1 - 06/04/14 at 17:47:28

When I started seeing Dr. Castells in 2012, we needed a diagnosis of a mast cell disease/disorder in order to see her.  

I is my understanding that if you do not have a diagnosis, you would need a referral from your doctor that shows he/she highly suspects mast cell involvement.

IP Logged

mrsmegorium
Rookie

Sickness ain't for sissies
:)
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Re: castells, do i need a referral
Reply #2 - 08/25/14 at 19:43:44

Having just spent 5 months on this process, there is actually a form that they send with their specific requirements listing what you have to do to get an appointment.  You need to call back and generate a medical record number, send all relevant labs, send a doctor's letter with the referral, etc. and they do only take patients with strongly suspected or proven mast cell disease.  The information had to be sent certified mail and signed for and the medical record number needed to be on all of the correspondence.  There is a 7 to 8 month waiting period after your chart is reviewed.  They want your tryptase, prostaglandin, any IGE tests, urine histamine, pretty much all of the standard mast cell testing.  If you type in boston mastocytosis center on the web it will pull up a scholarly article that details out what they are doing and at the bottom it lists some of it.  Good luck.  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print