Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
antihistamines & seizures (Read 2621 times)
Kalle
Ex Member

antihistamines & seizures
03/24/14 at 06:46:33

I'm in a situation I've not been able to find a solution for. Hope someone here has a suggestion.  AH's cause me to have seizures as they do most people that have seizures.  I thought Allegra was going to be the one I could tolerate but had same response from it.  Anyone know a substitute for AH?  I've tried natural ones such as ginger but doesn't help very much.  Thanks.

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: antihistamines & seizures
Reply #1 - 03/25/14 at 05:23:17

Hi Kalle--Have you tried quercetin?  I know a lot of people take that and it can act as a natural antihistamine/mast cell stabilizer.  You could ask you doctor if that would be a safe one for you to try...  Good luck-Sarah

IP Logged

Kalle
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/25/14 at 07:53:02

I have reacted to everything I've tried so far but have tried to eat foods (that I tolerate) that have Quercetin.  I saw a video of Dr Akin that stated that Leuteolin was also good & that it is found in olive oil.  I haven't been diagnosed with MCAD because there is no dr in my area.  I have been diagnosed with MCS, severe food & inhalant allergies, and the list continues.  I have the attitude at this point that diagnosis doesn't matter in my case since I can't seem to take any meds or supplements that are recommended.   Thanks for taking time to reply.

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 03/29/14 at 05:34:20

Kalle--I really hope you find something that works for you.  Have you looked up sodium cromolyn?  It is not an anti-histamine, it's an anti-inflammatory.  I wonder if that would be a good one--it's available in the US by prescription.  --Sarah

IP Logged

Kalle
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/31/14 at 05:33:43

Sarah, I tried sodium cromolyn nasal spray a long time ago.  My allergist at the time told me there were no side effects so we were both surprised when I had a bad reaction to it.  I will check it out again.  thanks for info.

IP Logged

sarahkay1111
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 04/07/14 at 06:32:17

Kalle--you can get it in a liquid or powder form, and it's taken orally, so you can start with the smallest amount and work up from there.  Hopefully it would be different from the nasal spray...   SmileySarah

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print