Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New symptom (Read 4089 times)
wilsongarrett
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

New symptom
01/31/14 at 03:00:06

I am still on the journey into finding out what is wrong! I have not been able to find a doctor in the Atlanta area that treats mast cell, so please let me know who you know! Ok.. Everytime I eat peanuts my body goes into an upper body tic. Shoulders, neck, face twitches terrible. If I stand my torso goes forward almost touching my toes. It's so painful. Anyone else have tics as a symptom? I feel like I'm going down hill quick. Doctors are happy with my Lupus and POTS diagnosis, but eating and tics doesn't really fit lupus!

IP Logged

Aggie48
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: New symptom
Reply #1 - 01/31/14 at 09:13:58

Bless your heart!  That sounds really scary!!!  Peanuts are definately off your diet, to be sure! Shocked  The next step might be to try a low histamine diet, which means cutting out all fermented foods.  There is a lot of information on the internet about which foods are low in histamine.  See how you feel when you elimnate all the histamine foods.  Right now I'm in a big flare and all I seem to be able to tolerate are carrots, gluton free bread, and turkey - pretty nutricous huh? LOL.  I ate some blueberries today and I'm itching like crazy.  I won't have to eat like this forever - it will take about 6 months to get my body to calm down and then hopefully I can resume a more normal diet.   Hope this helps - wishing you the best of luck! Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print