Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Could something in my house be bothering me? (Read 2401 times)
Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Could something in my house be bothering me?
08/09/13 at 06:25:30

Hi all! So I have taken notice that the past few times I have been away from my house for a few days, I do not have the excessive diarrhea I have at home. Very strange. When I'm home I'm in the bathroom constantly from the time I wake up, around 7, until about 11-noon.
But this is not a problem when I'm gone, which leads me to believe there is something in my house triggering this.
My house is about 16 years old. We have had several issues with pipes breaking (mold?) we have a lot of carpet in the house (possible reaction to this? Actually when we had the carpet laid 4 years ago is when my symptoms became intolerable. But I would think 4 years would be enough time for all the chemicals to have dissipated, but maybe not?). AndI have 2 wiener dogs.
These are the only possible things I can think of. Oh, and we have a water softener. Any thoughts?
I really hope my house or dogs aren't triggering me! I don't know what I'd do! Shocked

IP Logged

Jennifer R.
Tutor

I am not a mushroom!
McAlester, OK
Re: Could something in my house be bothering me?
Reply #1 - 08/09/13 at 18:16:40

Sounds like you answered your own question. Could you slowly replace the carpet room by room (If the expense of doing it all at once is too great). Have you looked up what in particular makes up that carpet and the chemicals in it? Should be able to get that info from the manufacturer.

IP Logged

Jennifer R.
Tutor

I am not a mushroom!
McAlester, OK
Reply #2 - 08/09/13 at 18:19:32

Oh, and have you had it steem cleaned?  We have ours done every year and I would have it done every six months if I had a couple dogs. They track in lots of stuff on those little paws.

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #3 - 08/13/13 at 10:38:28

Where I used to live was making me sick

And where I worked

Likely mold +/renos

I'm in a safer place now but have been unable to move as carpets pets scents detergents or molds in other houses set me off

The sources of your triggering need to be determined and dealt with

That being said I tried to fix a place for three months and it still made me ill

Listen to your body. Mine at least cannot recover in a toxic environment.

IP Logged

zippy890
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 08/24/13 at 02:16:15

Mold in my house definitely played a role in my illness.   We also replaced all carpeting with laminate flooring.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print