Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lanolin, beeswax, iron supplement, fragrance? (Read 3460 times)
Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Lanolin, beeswax, iron supplement, fragrance?
06/26/13 at 14:44:07

Hello all! I'm back with more questions! Never any answers  Angryso I've been feeling pretty sketchy lately with a few good days sprinkled in. I have upped my h1, which I think is a good thing, but am having some issues, vomiting/diarrhea  Undecided, headache, feeling worn down, and worst of all for me, the "fight or flight" feeling. I hate that symptom more than anything. So, I'm going through what is different. I know we're all different and our triggers are different, but once in awhile there seems to be a smoking gun.
I've already written about how my slow release iron for low ferritin levels has been reformulated and I can't find a new one I can tolerate. Since last Friday I started taking Masons natural slow release iron I bought online. I thought maybe it was that, so I stopped taking it yesterday.
Last weekend I started using this amazing fragrance free moisturizer made right here in reno. I love it. But there are two questionable ingredients, lanolin and beeswax. Has anyone had any known problems with these?
Also, I wear a wig (whole other topic, lol) and I got it from a new company. I was so excited to get it last Wednesday. But when I pulled it out of the box it had a SUPER STRONG fragrance. I didn't wear it Thursday because I needed to have bangs cut on it. I went to my girl Friday and she washed it and cut bangs. The smell didn't dissipate at all. I wore it most of that day (major lack of judgment). I washed it a few more times with baking soda and vinegar, still smelled. I wore it out to dinner Saturday night. Then again for my husbands birthday dinner Monday night. Could I still be feeling the effects of this? (I have since sent it back to the maker to have the smells removed)
And, of course, I could have the stomach bug, but it feels more mast related to me.
Any thoughts? I hope it's not the moisturizer! Embarrassed

IP Logged

Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Lanolin, beeswax, iron supplement, fragrance?
Reply #1 - 06/30/13 at 09:37:39

Hello all! I hate to bug....but I'm going to throw out the question one more time, has anyone had any know reactions to either lanolin or beeswax? I went ahead and stopped using the cream as yesterday. But I'm still wondering, I've been really sick lately with all the symptoms.
Also, can anyone recommend a good bar soap? Dove un fragranced has too much fragrance for me! Lol and I tried Le Cleur soap, but it broke me out. I tried vanicream soap which looks great as far as ingredients go, but it's last ingredient is BHA , which is some sort of preservative. I hesitate with this because it is on the salicylate high list. I'm not sure that I'm totally salicylate intolerant. I just know of of few, such as salicylic acid, aloe and any kind of herbal supplement or tea makes me sick, which makes me think I can't do sals. But I still don't know.
Is it possible to be sensitive to many sals, but not all sals? It seems that the harder I try, the worse I get. I think thy maybe I need to back off a little. I think I was doing much better when I was simply focusing on fragrance free rather than all the other ingredients. But then again, I know a sal ingredient in fragrance free Coppertone sunscreen got me pretty good Undecided I'm at a loss.  
Thanks again! I know that I often sound like a skipping record! Sorry.Sad figuring out triggers is proving to be quite difficult.

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #2 - 07/01/13 at 13:29:46

Great bar soap is: Purpose. It is free of everything, and I love it

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 07/01/13 at 15:54:30

Thank you Deborah!! I thought I had tried that one and it has a little fragrance. Oh wait, maybe that was called simple.
I'll go look for purpose!
I've been using the eucerin cream that you suggested for months now, and I loved it! But it seems that my skin has gotten used to it or something. Bummer  Angry. So now I'm looking for something new. I thought the local stuff I found would be great! But I was vomiting on and off for the two weeks I was using it. Sounds crazy, but I think that's what was causing it! Is this possible. Plus i just felt like #%^*. Too bad cuz it made my skin amazing. Sad I just wonder if it was the lanolin or the beeswax that was triggering me?
Also Deborah, I'm still taking extra Zyrtec. I was taking 1 am and 1 late afternoon, but I was noticing I was getting headaches. So I switched my late afternoon Zyrtec to 1/2. Seem to be working well!  Wink

IP Logged

PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 07/02/13 at 16:18:02

Lanolin!  read online it's a mast cell degranulator.  I used coppertone suntan lotion last week with zinc oxide and 1st time in my life I didn't react to a suntan lotion .

IP Logged

Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 07/03/13 at 08:29:04

Thanks pjp123! (I thinks it's Pam right? Smiley) then that would make sense! I tried googling lanolin and mast cell degranulation, but couldn't find anything. Do you know where you read that??
Also, for a face sunscreen, I found the most amazing stuff! It's called CoTZ (but not all the products)  Seems to be working well! If anyone has a spare minute to look this up to make sure the ingredients are ok, that would be great! (I'm pretty sure they are as far as being known mast cell degranulators, but of course, we're all different!)
Do you know whether or not beeswax causes mast cell degranulation?
Thanks!
Happy 4th of July!!!! Cheesy

IP Logged

zippy890
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 07/09/13 at 12:27:08

Beeswax unzips me like a lock in a key.  I couldn't believe how reactive to it I was.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print