Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New member needs help with diagnosis (Read 1581 times)
cecil139
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!
west orange, nj
New member needs help with diagnosis
04/20/13 at 15:57:03

Hello all,
My name is Barbara. In the past 4 months I have had 3 tryptase tests done and the results were slightly elevated. The results were 14.6, 15.8 and 15. I also had extensive allergy tests which were all negative. My allergist is not sure what to make of it and suggested I go to a mast cell research center. I contacted Brigham and Women's Hospital and they told me they wouldn't see me without a diagnosis. I am not sure what to do next. My doctor is very open minded and would probably do whatever test I request, but I am not sure what to ask for at this point or if I even have a mast cell problem. I was hoping to get some suggestions from you all. I live in northern New Jersey, not far from New York City. I see that someone recommended Dr. Anne Maitland in NY, any updates on her?
My symptoms include the following:

Adverse reactions to chemicals, perfumes, bee venom, opiates, sedatives, muscle relaxers, medications, estrogen, molds, cats, dust, foods.

Sudden appearance of red very itchy areas on my hands, fingers wrists, feet ankles, toes.

Itchy, painful sores on my back. And general itchiness all over.

Migraine Headaches

Fatigue

Cognitive difficulties, memory problems, anxiety, irritability

Rhinitis

Asthma

Stomach and Intestinal pain/bloating

Muscle pain

Tinnitus

Cornea disease (two cornea transplants)

Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1