Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mornings are horrible! (Read 2283 times)
angelloz
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Mornings are horrible!
02/15/13 at 03:30:58

Does anyone out there have a hard time in the morning? I never know how things will be when I get up. Sometimes not too bad. Sometimes weakness nausea, maybe very low BP..or racing heart and dizziness. This morning for example..feeling way off balance. My question is does this happen to anyone with just MCAD or only those with dysautonomia too?
Hope all are having a decent day. Smiley Angelloz

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: Mornings are horrible!
Reply #1 - 02/15/13 at 05:37:31

I would say that mornings and evenings are our worst times! I used to feel so sick in the morning that I couldn't get out of bed until my husband brought me my Zantac and Allegra to take. Within 10 minutes of taking it, I would feel fine. I no longer have that problem anymore, and I feel great in the mornings now. That, though, is because my symptoms are very well controlled now. I know how to avoid my triggers through avoidcance of foods and lifestyle changes (see the tips on the Start Here section in the forum). That avoidance, plus taking my mmeds regularly at the same time each day make all the difference for me. So, you see there is hope!

In the meantime, as yourself what you are doing the night before that could be affecting you in the morning. Try not to eat after 6:00 pm. Stick with only water after 6:00. Try to get a lot of sleep each night. I am terrible at that one because I like to  stay up late and then have to get up at 6 am to get the kids to school. I feel great during summer, though, because I can sleep until 8 am. Getting that extra 2 hours of sleep is hugely beneficial for me.

So, there are a few tips to get you started. If you aren't keeping a medical and food diary each day, you should start so that you can see when you feel better and when you don't, dependant upon what you did or ate throughout the day.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #2 - 02/15/13 at 05:45:27

I feel great in the morning Smiley  By the afternoon I am a SLUG.  That's when my worst attacks happen.  I should make more of an effort to take an extra dose of antihistamines in the middle of the day.  When I do that for other reasons (like... pre-medicating so I can exercise), it definitely makes the rest of my day go more smoothly.

BTW... you're probably already doing this, but do you sit up and pause before you get out of bed?  I know DINET recommends that for people with POTS.  Flex your muscles a bit... make sure you're not going to faint when you stand up.  A drink of water would be nice if you think dehydration and/or low blood pressure might be contributing!

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

angelloz
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 02/15/13 at 06:13:28

Thanks for the tips and replies...I am only taking loratadine so far as I am not tolerating the H2's. Hope to add in some more things soon. I am keeping a food and activity journal trying to find some patterns. I will keep trying!!!!

IP Logged

jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 02/17/13 at 14:06:50

Hi.  Mornings are my worst too.  One of the cardiology docs told me to eat something salty in the morning followed by water to keep up my blood pressure, and that helps sometimes.

How much loratidine are you taking?  I take that as well, and I am at the point where I need to add on something else too.  I break a pill in half, and take 5 mg in the morning and 5 mg at night.  I am a lightweight, and if I take the whole pill at once, I feel way too "buzzed." Cheesy

IP Logged

angelloz
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 02/19/13 at 02:29:05

The same here... I am thinking of switching because the Claritin makes me feel super jittery too. It is so difficult when you react to meds. Guess we just keep on trying.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print