Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Polycystic ovarian syndrome. Anyone???? (Read 5900 times)
Britt
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Polycystic ovarian syndrome. Anyone????
01/09/13 at 12:04:36

Hi everyone! I feel like such a mooch on here! Always a taker of information and rarely a giver! I am so sorry for that Embarrassed. So it it looks like I now have polycystic ovarian syndrome. Anyone else have this?? Just wondering if there seems to be any connection to mast cell disease, or if it's a totally seperate deal. I go back to the doctor tomorrow. I'm a little nervous. I'm pretty sure he's going to bring up medications, and God knows how iffy those are for us!!!!!

IP Logged

Riverwn
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

Gainesville, Florida
Re: Polycystic ovarian syndrome. Anyone????
Reply #1 - 01/12/13 at 16:05:39

I also have it and so do both my sisters who have abnormal mast cells. One sister and I have had surgery for removal of cysts on ovaries. My mother had it too and it changed into ovarian cancer for her---but she was lucky and caught it quick, no reappearance in over 20 years.

I also have "cystic" type conditions in the rest of my body including Intersticial Cystitis (kidneys) and cysts over both eyes, one on the back of my neck under my hair and the new one is a ganglion cyst on top of my right wrist. I have no idea why cystic type conditions seem connected to mast cell problems but I think they are.
Have a great weekend!
Ramona

~~~Count  Your Blessings!~~~

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #2 - 01/14/13 at 01:50:58

This Topic was moved here from General Mast Cell Disorder Discussion by DeborahW, Founder.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

DavinaRN
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 01/17/13 at 10:46:45

I have PCOS and have been diagnosised roughly 8 or 9 yrs although it started 27 yrs ago (by exam 6 months pregnant, negative blood test). Currently I'm on yasmine. My Gyn and I joke that I'll be on birth control at 60, even though had tubal at 22 due to HELLP syndrome & severe pre-eclampsia at 28wks. As to is it related, have no idea. Just now being tested for MCAS.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print