Send Topic Print
Ketotifen (Read 2944 times)
jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

Ketotifen
12/11/12 at 07:48:51

Hello,

Just wondering how many of you have tried Ketotifen? If so, how has it worked for you and what do you know about it?

I heard it can be ordered from Canada.  Can you perhaps provide information on how you obtained it?

Thanks very much! Smiley

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Re: Ketotifen
Reply #1 - 12/11/12 at 09:20:56

Jbean,
I get mine through Clarks pharmacy in Washington state.
I just mailed my script to them and that was it!

Pam

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Reply #2 - 12/11/12 at 09:42:27

jbean:
I like Pam get mine from clarks in washington state. He formulates it himself without any fillers to worry about & I take 3 1mg per day & cost is around $50. Get it in the mail about 3 days after I order it. The phamacist there is a great guy, he really cares about us. If you decide to try it don't expect miracles but for me worked much better than gastrocrom. I'm a leaker which could make a difference. I slowly worked myself up to 3 per day. Now almost a year on it.
MikeV

IP Logged

meldzia
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 12/11/12 at 10:30:01

I purchased it from American Compounding in Boston.  $11 co pay with insurance.  I suffer from extreme fatigue and even the capsule cut in 1/4 knocked me out for 16 hours with drowsiness for 20 more.  The Gastrocrom has helped.  
Let me know if you need the number.  It may take a couple of days, but I will find it.

IP Logged

gnbailey
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Plano, TX
Reply #4 - 12/11/12 at 11:31:29

I also get my from Clark's pharmacy.  I have been taking it for 2 months and I feel that it is making a huge difference on my reactivity!!  I still react almost every day, but my reactions do not seem as severe as they were before taking the Ketotifen.  I take 1 mg four times a day and I didn't have any of the sedation that the pharmacist warned me about. Smiley

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #5 - 01/01/13 at 18:18:30

I get mine from Clark's in Washington too! I take 1mg 4 times a day. For me it's been a game changer. I don't get the big D anymore and rarely have the itchiness and hives and rarely have joint pain anymore too. I am also a leaker. Good luck!
Melissa

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #6 - 01/14/13 at 01:52:51

This Topic was moved here from General Mast Cell Disorder Discussion by DeborahW, Founder.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

JamieG
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - 04/09/13 at 06:41:24

We are using ketotifen from Clark's, but someone suggested that we get tablets from the UK. Does anyone order from the UK? Has anyone found tablets to be more effective than compounding? Thank you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print