Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Allegra/Fexofenadine and stomach pain (Read 4674 times)
larken
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Allegra/Fexofenadine and stomach pain
10/07/12 at 09:44:22

When I first started Allegra almost two years ago at bedtime, I had stomach pain when I woke up in the morning.  It gradually diminished. I'm not sure if it went away completely because I always seem to have some GI pain when I wake up.  I recently increased my dose and now I have bad stomach pain in the morning again.  I am wondering if Allegra is a trigger for me, making all my symptoms a bit worse, or it simply irritates my stomach and I should put up with it because it seems to help control other things, in particular my urticaria and angioedema.  

Does anyone else get this?  Do you think I should try another H1 blocker and see if that's any better?

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Re: Allegra/Fexofenadine and stomach pain
Reply #1 - 10/12/12 at 09:01:58

Can you try taking it in the morning and something else in its place to see if you still get the pain in the morning?

Pam

IP Logged

mikev
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
st louis, mo
Reply #2 - 10/12/12 at 10:32:16

larken:
I looked long & hard at allegra before switched to it from zrytec, especially all the inatctive ingrediants that I know you worry about as well. I only take 1 tablet & have no stomach pain, of course my stomach isn't my main issue. How many are you taking? If more than 1, i'd do what Pam recommended take 1/2 of daily dose in morning & see what happens.
Good luck
MikeV

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #3 - 10/12/12 at 13:19:10

You might also try to drink more water with it and/or take it with food.  Sometimes I do better if I take my meds with dinner instead of on an empty stomach before bed.

Joan

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #4 - 10/12/12 at 14:46:54

I also wanted to throw out that I have to buy the name brand Allegra, there was something in the generic that would cause problems.
Have you switched brands lately?
Pam

Pam

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print