Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pepsid AC (Read 1838 times)
PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Pepsid AC
09/25/12 at 06:59:28

Due to my extremely weird body, I am starting to rotate my meds.  I have recently started Pepsid AC in place of zantac.  I plan to start rotating them in about a week.
Question... I was takng 4 zantac a day.  How many Pepsids are recommended.  I know the bottle says 2, but does anyone take more than 2?
Thanks for any advice!
Pam

Pam

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Pepsid AC
Reply #1 - 09/25/12 at 07:34:29

It depends on the strength.  Pepcid comes in 10 mg. and 20 mg. tablets over the counter.  It also comes in a prescriptions strength of 40 mg.

They may work differently for you, and do ask your doctor what the equivalent would be, but for me, 20 mg. Pepcid is equivalent to 150 mg. Zantac.  I don't know what the upper limit on Pepcid is, but the doctor will.

As with all meds, start with a small dose and work up.  What works for different people will probably be individual.

Joan

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Re: Pepsid AC
Reply #2 - 09/25/12 at 12:30:34

Thanks Joan,
I have an appt. on Friday and wrote it on the list of things to discuss. I have been taking 2 -20ml a day, I will probably just stick with that till I talk to him.  My plan if he approves it will be to take pepsid one day and zantac the next.  Seems like after a year I become "allegic" to my meds, so far I can not longer take Atarax at all, and I have stopped taking the zyrtec, do to a negitive reaction, hopefully I will be able to try it again sometime.
Thanks,
Pam

Pam

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print