Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Liquid Benedryl (Read 2622 times)
PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Liquid Benedryl
08/02/12 at 10:21:04

Due to my recent reaction to my adarax(itchy eyes, lips, throat and feet), I have started to take benedryl at night in its place.  I am concerned though because adarax was my emergency med.  it worked better than benedryl for me.  So I am thinking of getting some liquid Benedryl.  I know some people take the childrens..but how do you know how much to take if its for a child?

I have also started to rotate my zyrtec and clairatin every other day.
I think my body just tries to find ways to be "allergic" to things!  Lips Sealed
I also got a refill on the atarax from a different manufactor-hopefully this will help some. I have not tried it yet though. Although instead of taking it every night I think I should reserve it for emergencies only. (that is-IF I am able to take it again)
I used to take a muscle relaxer-flexeril.  I know there are some muscle relaxers that should not be taken.  Is flexeril one of them??  Can anyone take flexeril...I think I will talk with the pharmacy about which muscle relaxers are safe on the masto chart.

I have looked at Meijer and WalMart for the liquid Benedry with no luck, where do you buy it??

Thanks in advance for any info!!  Roll Eyes
Pam

Pam

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Re: Liquid Benedryl
Reply #1 - 08/02/12 at 11:34:09

I've purchased liquid Benadryl at Wal-Mart... are you sure it wasn't available?  (Make sure you look in the children's section, not where the other antihistamines are).  I've also bought it at Target and CVS.  For breakthrough symptoms I take 50mg (4 teaspoons... a nearly-full cup).  For some people... especially if it makes you sleepy... that can be too much.  If that's the case, try 25mg at a time.  

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #2 - 08/03/12 at 07:14:50

Hi Heather,
Thanks for the info!  Yes, believe it or not I can't find it at WalMart!  I would second guess myself, but my husband was with me helping me look for it and we were in the childrens section and the regular section. Maybe it is one of the smallers stores, they did have the cherry flavor but I need the dye free kind! I did see grape too!  I can try CVS and Walgreens, I just figured it would be cheaper at WalMart!
Pam

Pam

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #3 - 08/03/12 at 13:04:31

Ah... the dye free kind.  I don't think I've seen that at Wal-Mart.  I had to buy a giant bottle of bright pink "cherry" flavor Wink  Since dyes don't seem to bother me, I actually prefer that to the "bubble gum" flavored clear stuff.  Blech!  It's like drinking envelope glue.

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #4 - 08/04/12 at 11:37:16