Send Topic Print
Dizziness and nausea (Read 3079 times)
Rocky 9801
Tutor

What the hell happened???!!

St Louis, MO
Dizziness and nausea
07/02/12 at 16:41:53

I am trying to narrow down what may be causing my dizziness, with or w/o accompanying nausea. I am not sure it is even masto related or not. The timing as related to food or meds does not appear consistent. The only consistent thing is that is seems to happen 3-6 hours after I get up, either in the morning or after the all to frequent nap. I see Dr Wedner at Wash U in St Louis, his solution was meclizine... but I really dont want to take anything else that will make me tired. I take all my meds in the p.m. and only supplements in the morning. Masto meds are singulair, zyrtec, ranitidine, pantoprozol and aspirin. SM dx confirmed by BMB.

Any thoughts of cause or suggestions for remedy?

John

Grandpa, which wolf wins the fight....the good one or the bad onel??

The one you feed, son. The one you feed.

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Re: Dizziness and nausea
Reply #1 - 07/03/12 at 01:34:35

Hi John,

Two ideas for you...

First of all, I know the bottles of antihistamines say "24-hour," but it's a bad idea to go so long between doses!  If you look through the lists of medications you'll see that a lot of mast cell patients take them at least twice a day.  Second... what supplements are you taking?  Some of them might be triggers for you.  

My guess is that if you start taking a morning dose of antihistamines you won't have so much dizziness and nausea in the late morning/early afternoon.  Also, have you ever tried a mast cell stabilizer?  Gastrocrom helped me a LOT with dizziness and nausea.

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #2 - 07/03/12 at 12:15:59

John I agree with Heather. Try taking first just a H1 like Zyrtec 10mg in the morning. Do this for several days to be sure you won't have any adverse reactions. If you do ok after several days then add in one H2 (your rantidine) along with your morning Zyrtec. See if there is any improvement at all. Especially during these hot months many of us experience increased symptoms and may need to tweek our meds a bit to get through. But don't try adding both at the same time. If you feel worse you won't know which one did it. I take three doses daily of h1 & h2's and know I do not do well on less.
Good luck. Let us know if it helps or if you figure something else out.

Kim

IP Logged

Rocky 9801
Tutor

What the hell happened???!!

St Louis, MO
Reply #3 - 07/05/12 at 02:05:17

Thank you both for the suggestions. Will let you know what works...or doesnt!

John

Grandpa, which wolf wins the fight....the good one or the bad onel??

The one you feed, son. The one you feed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print