Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UVA1 light treatment (Read 1483 times)
cutty sark
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

UVA1 light treatment
04/27/12 at 21:33:43

I have recently started UVA1 light treatment. Following 15 sessions my tryptase levels have reduced by 20. Although the consultant wishes to test tryptase again before concluding the treatment is responsible for the reduction (levels can fluctuate for other reasons) it's looking positive. My starting level was 147 so a long way to go though.

Is anyone else receiving this and if so what are the outcomes?

IP Logged

jostreet
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: UVA1 light treatment
Reply #1 - 04/29/12 at 05:38:21

Cutty - That is intersting.  I did PUVA for 3 years and my Tryptase did not change.  How do you like the little green pills?  It's like having a real bad hangover, isn't it?

My experience with PUVA - I did it for 3 years (2 days a week) @ The Univ of Colorado in Denver and it did fade the spots.  As soon as I quit they came back within a month or so.  I hope you have a better experience.

IP Logged

cutty sark
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 05/05/12 at 04:07:22

jostreet wrote on 04/29/12 at 05:38:21:
Cutty - That is intersting.  I did PUVA for 3 years and my Tryptase did not change.  How do you like the little green pills?  It's like having a real bad hangover, isn't it?

My experience with PUVA - I did it for 3 years (2 days a week) @ The Univ of Colorado in Denver and it did fade the spots.  As soon as I quit they came back within a month or so.  I hope you have a better experience.

Hello Jo

UVA1 is a different type of light. It's 'cold' light and penetrates further than PUVA light thus there is no burning of the skin. The research shows that it can, in some cases, neutralise mast cells, hence the reduction in my tryptase levels. So, the aim is not really cosmetic, although fading would be a bonus given I have the lesions all over including my face and hands.

Here is a link that explains UVA1.  Apologies for the poor translation and the cheesy background music.

What little green pills? Huh

IP Logged

cutty sark
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 05/05/12 at 04:08:18

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print