Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Loving Dr. Theo's formula! (Read 4082 times)
MastoGem
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Loving Dr. Theo's formula!
10/10/11 at 08:25:07

I've been feeling so significantly better for about ten days or so that I thought I'd post something about what I'm taking now as I don't believe that anything else I'm doing would explain such a significant improvement.  I find myself a little reticent to post this though because I know everyone is different and I don't want to give anyone bad information.  I'm still such a naive newbie. But the improvement is so significant and has now lasted long enough I think, that I'm feeling like I should post this.

Before I needed to take an antihistamine every 4 to 6 hours because of a feeling like I couldn't breath, etc.   These symptoms were improved by antihistamine, so I was taking a butt load of them. I've not taken one for at least four days!

It's supposed to take 6 to 12 months for Quercetin to work, so perhaps it isn't that alone.  But I do have a sense that that has helped. I've also started Vit C which probably explains some of my increased energy and reduced need for antihistamines.  (But honestly, when I tried the Vit C a year ago it made me WORSE.)  

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure that it is these new Dr. Theo pills (or not sure it is only these new pills).  I'm still on the Zantac, Singulair and Gastrocrom but I hardly need anything else.  Nothing else has changed in a way that would explain an improvement - in fact my diet has been a tad less strict and I started a demanding exercise program (P90X) last week (that I'd been working up to for four months).  

I'm taking Dr. Theo's ArthroSoft and NueroProtek plus 2000mg of buffered Vit C (that may be time released) and 2 teaspoons of magnesium.  The ArthroSoft has both the Chondroitin Sulfate and the Quercetin in the formula - that's why I'm taking it.  And the NeuroProtek is just mostly just the Quercetin with Luteloin and Rutin.  Supposedly, according to Dr. Theo, his formulas allow the Quercetin to be absorbed.  I've checked and you can take both formulas according to Dr. Theo's assistant.  You can get the order takers to give his assistant a message to call you back if you want.  She's pretty good at getting back to you quickly. On the downside both bottles are around $38 a piece.  But I honestly can't overstate how much better I've been feeling.

Here's a link in case you want to try it.
http://www.algonot.com/arthrosoft.php

Taking 5 of the NeuroProteck and 4 of the ArthoSoft.  As I said, that is not over the amount of Quercetin allowed, but please talk to Dr. Theo's assistant.  Although she will probably refuse to tell you the exact amount of Quercetin in them as the patent is still pending or something like that.

Anyway, if you decide to try the Vit C and Dr. Theo's formulas, please let me know if it helps you.  

Sorry this post is so long - just trying to give all the info you may be curious about.  Good luck. 

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." — EKR

IP Logged

Patricia
Guiding Light

Washington, dc
Re: Loving Dr. Theo's formula!
Reply #1 - 10/10/11 at 08:30:41

I am a huge fan of the neuroprotek...Fabio has been taking since April and about 6 wks later it was like someone cleaned his brain with windex. We noticed the most improvement in his cognitive function after taking the neuroprotek. We have also added 500mg of quercitin 3x a day.
He also noticed a huge improvement with his hair...it seemed fuller, softer and shiny. He has hashimotots and his hair was dry and rapidly falling out.

Patricia

IP Logged

MastoGem
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 10/10/11 at 08:38:57

Oh that's great Patricia!!  Consider the ArthoSoft with the Chondroitin Sulfate added to it.

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." — EKR

IP Logged

Patricia
Guiding Light

Washington, dc
Reply #3 - 10/10/11 at 08:50:44

You know we've tried to add the protoprotek a couple times and he has a hard time with it...I think it has shark or fish in it. We did speak to Dr Theo and he recommended adding chrondoitin and glucosamine separately.

he also told us to add hyaloric acid and we both started it about 8 weeks ago...we found a liquid form called synthovial seven and you put in your mouth for 10 seconds and very easy to take. Its supposed to help connective tissue/eyes/skin/hair...it works great!

He also recommended Willow Bark to help with inflammation and we just started that. Its a natural form of aspirin so only take if you know you're not sensitive to salicilites.

Fabio has also started taking 300 mg of Wellbutrin (about 6 wks ago) because in some people its supposed to help with elevated TNF and I wanted to try that vs steroids and anti TNF drugs.

He has stated regular acupuncture visits (about 5) and we just realized that he hasn't had to take any ibuprofen in about a week...thats huge because he's had to take something for pain for the past 14 months and I worry about the damage that NSAID's are doing to his already sensitive and damaged stomach.

so baby steps forward...

Patricia

IP Logged

MastoGem
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 10/10/11 at 09:17:40

Oh my god- where can I get my own Patricia! I'm always struck by how much research you've done about this for your husband!  It is really awesome that he has such an advocate helping him.  I hope he tells you that five times a day.

I'm curious about this Hyaloric acid -- Synthovial seven.  Idk if I need it but that's very interesting.  The aspirin-like herb is definitely out for me tho.  Thanks for the info!

IP Logged

Patricia
Guiding Light

Washington, dc
Reply #5 - 10/10/11 at 09:38:53

Haha you're too sweet! He is very grateful!
I absolutely adore my husband and you can imagine how distressing it was to watch someone you love suffer so much. The fact that 99% of the drs Ive seen have no idea what Im talking about or know anything about mast cells is also really scary...the drugs they've thrown at us to just try or experiment with is borderline malpractice.

Its also in my best interest to try and help him as much as possible because there is nothing worse than a whiny sick husband!!! I used to joke how miserable he was when he had a cold that lasted for 2 days...I had no idea what was in store for me!

I also feel like theres a huge gap in how to incorporate alternative natural remedies with all the traditional drugs that he has to take.

Patricia

IP Logged

zippy890
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 01/21/12 at 09:38:01

Bad report here.  I've been trying Neuroprotek for three weeks.  It seemed to help at first, but now it is making me much more reactive.  I do not think this works for me.   Too bad, it seems like a good supplement.   I'm glad it's helping others.

Todd in Tenn.

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #7 - 01/22/12 at 22:28:02

Todd, you might want to try writing to Dr. Theo and ask him what he says about this.  From all I've heard, he's pretty receptive to patients especially about his formula.

Just a suggestion.

Lisa

Don´t forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

cutty sark
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - 05/08/12 at 08:52:42

Interesting thread. I've just ordered up some Lutimax after reading about it on this forum and doing a bit more research.  I do get some of this naturally in my diet and fromfresh sage infusions, but thought it would be worth trying to up the intake to see if their are any gains.

I've been taking magnesium for a couple of years now, it works wonders for my muscle cramps.

In addition to the above I take ketotifen, singulair, vitD and calcium and am soon to start bisphosphonates for my osteoporosis (not looking forward to them but as I have crush fractures in my spine, needs must).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print