Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Burning Lung Pain??????????? (Read 2054 times)
PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Burning Lung Pain???????????
04/22/12 at 05:45:26

Every so often I will get pain in my lungs.  It is like a burning pain, most likely due to inflamation.  It can be trigged by eating some foods.  Sometimes it seems to come out of the blue.
Just wondering if anyone else has ever experience this.  It can be severe at times...it has brought me to tears.  Before I knew of Masto, my primary doc did 2 xrays that showed absolutely nothing! Then I though it was pluracy, due to my positive ANA.  Now I am confinced that it is Masto!
Ideas, advice??????
Thanks,
Pam Smiley

Pam

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Re: Burning Lung Pain???????????
Reply #1 - 04/22/12 at 06:05:02

Are you sure that the burning pain is in your lungs and not heartburn?  In my experience, if my lungs are burning (from triggers like pollen or latex balloons) I'm bound to have other respiratory symptoms... coughing, a runny nose, dizziness, or even a "crackling" sound in my lungs (scary).  Heartburn is painful, but I can get rid of it quickly with Pepcid Complete and it's usually my only symptom at the time.

Just my experience!

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #2 - 04/22/12 at 06:06:25

ps - People with lupus sometimes have inflammation around the sacs of their heart and/or lungs... have you ruled that out?

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #3 - 04/22/12 at 08:13:30

Heather,
I have a high ANA and they suspected Lupus but did more testing and called it Mixed Connective Tissue Disease.  I'm sure the pain is in or around the lung. Sometimes it hurts to take a deep breath, it even feels hot to touch when it really hurts.  I'm guessing it is inflamation causing the pain and the heat.   My gp did xrays  6-8 months apart and nothing shows up.  I have never had asthma, thankfully.
I have noticed that it hurts more in the warmer months than in the winter month...which could mean something or absolutely nothing!! Wink
Thanks,
Pam

Pam

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print