Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Docs for MCA, POTS, and syncope (Read 5061 times)
Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Docs for MCA, POTS, and syncope
04/15/12 at 06:46:08

After watching the video (link posted by Buster), it seems there may be a few people here who might want to contact Dr. Blair Grubb or Dr. Satish Raj, who Dr. Grubb mentions in the interview.  

Dr. Grubb is at the University of Toledo Medical Center in the Cardiology Department.  Dr. Raj practices at Vanderbilt Heart Center in Nashville.  From the interview, it sounded as though Dr. Raj has published the only article on a variant POTS that includes mast cell activation.

MGC posted the following corrections to what I posted above....

"The paper documenting the coexistence of POTS and Mast Cell problems in some patients was not done with Dr Raj as the lead researcher. The lead author was Dr Cyndya Shibao. Dr Grubb misspoke.  But yes, Dr Shibao is at Vanderbilt, and understands both disorders. She will, however, send patients to Dr Farenholz for the Mast Cell workup.

Link to paper:

http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/45/3/385.full

Also meant to say that I contacted Dr Raj about who to see there, and he recommended Dr Shibao."

« Last Edit: 04/15/12 at 19:21:50 by Joan »  

Joan

IP Logged

MGC
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Docs for MCA, POTS, and syncope
Reply #1 - 04/15/12 at 17:35:11

Joan.. Something needs to be corrected. The paper documenting the coexistence of POTS and Mast Cell problems in some patients was not done with Dr Raj as the lead researcher. The lead author was Dr Cyndya Shibao. Dr Grubb misspoke.  But yes, Dr Shibao is at Vanderbilt, and understands both disorders. She will, however, send patients to Dr Farenholz for the Mast Cell workup.

Link to paper:

http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/45/3/385.full

IP Logged

MGC
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 04/15/12 at 17:42:11

Joan... also meant to say that I contacted Dr Raj about who to see there, and he recommended Dr Shibao.

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #3 - 04/15/12 at 19:15:28

Thanks for clarifying that!  I'll try to correct the other post about doctors.

Joan

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #4 - 04/19/12 at 08:15:36

Interesting! I just saw Dr Fahrenholz on April 5th for a second opinion on the MCAS. he thinks I might also have POTS but he wants to work me down on my heart medication and then send me to the Autonomic Clinic there at Vanderbilt. He didn't mention a specific doctor. I'll keep you all posted when I know more.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print