Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
alka seltzer gold and club soda and ketofin (Read 6465 times)
goldielove
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

alka seltzer gold and club soda and ketofin
03/22/12 at 13:04:53

Ok this might sound strange but I saw a hemopathic ? DR not sure if she was actually a Dr, anyway she said I should take alka seltzer gold every day and club soda with mag and potassium, I actually googled it and found that on web MD it says alka seltzer gold is good for increased mast cells and mast cell problems, has anyone tried this the club soda?? I will drink anyway as long as the bubbles are gone I can't stand anything with bubbles in it. I hope I can drink the alka seltzer gold. I also found while I was away out of the country ketofin for 8 dollars for 100ml of liquid my compounding pharmacy said it is just what he used except he used the powder so its so much cheeper, I personally have not started too take this medication as usual I am so nervous with new meds so I have put if off for now, if I start too feel worse I will maybe start this med, the only question is the quality of this medication but it seems too good too be true, I paid 80 for the compounding one which sits in my medication cabinet unused right now.

IP Logged

Doozlygirl
Mentor

Wisconsin
Re: alka seltzer gold and club soda and ketofin
Reply #1 - 03/22/12 at 13:57:18

Interesting about the alka seltzer gold.  The other night I was surfing and reading up on Red 40 and Yellow 5 and 6 dyes and found several posts where parents gave their kids alka seltzer gold as an anecdote to unintentional consumption of an azo food dye.  They will use baking soda in water as an alternative.  These food dyes are acidic and the sodium bicarb neutralizes ph. I wonder if this is why your doc suggested it?  I wonder how ph fits into mast cell attacks???? Thanks for the post.      

Beware of the asprin in the original formulation of alka seltzer.  Alka Seltzer Gold does not have aspirin.  

Lyn

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #2 - 05/25/12 at 13:33:05

Wow this is very interesting! Thank you.
Melissa

IP Logged

zippy890
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 07/05/12 at 11:32:27

Long before I discovered what was actually going on with me, Alka Seltzer Gold was one of the few things that actually helped me.   I had to use it only as a rescue though.   If I used it chronically, it would cause me severe muscle pain.   Now, I used baking soda + Ecological Formulas "Tri-Salts".   It is a cleaner way to go, but it will still give me muscle pain after about 3 days.    Don't know why.

I also "exhausted" my mast cells with niacin and steam baths after a chemical exposure.    It worked back then.   But I wasn't as sick then either.   I wouldn't do that now.

Todd in Tenn.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print