Send Topic Print
liver (Read 740 times)
gutless_mystery
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
INDIANA
liver
02/18/12 at 03:48:53

Does anyone else have funky liver test results?  My bilirubin (direct, indirect, and total) are all high.  Also my ALT is high.  How Dr. Akin says that the zyflo that I used to be on could be hard on the liver...I was only taking 1 pill daily when normal dose is 2 twice a day.  My bili was high prior to that med and my alt was borderline.  I've been off of it for over a month now.  
I guess I am wondering if my liver is involved or if the labs are out of wack purely from the zyflo.
I remember as far back as 2-3 yrs ago, my liver enzymes, bili were out of range but not so horrible to look further.  They just told me to take it easy on tylenol.  But then again, that was a family MD.

My gallbladder is out if that matters or not.

Just something I've been wondering about.

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: liver
Reply #1 - 02/18/12 at 08:09:04

Lots of meds are hard on the liver, including...steroids! Oh they are such wonderful things

Are you having any right upper quadrant pain or tenderness? If so It would be worth getting an abdominal ultrasound...though if it was a blockage in your common bile duct it would usually just elevate your GGT, ALP and bilirubin as you probably know.

If they stay up for a long time they might want to do an utrasound anyway just to see if the liver is looking ok.

Have you come into contact with any of the hepatitis viruses?

I would think it's likely med related and hopefully when you can take less or with time it will resolve

Hope you're feeling better

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print