Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tired of being sick (NOT mast cell sick) (Read 2564 times)
DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Tired of being sick (NOT mast cell sick)
02/12/12 at 14:35:02

It's pretty funny when you find yourself wishing that you were mast cell sick instead of "normal person virus" sick. Yet, that is how I feel! If I get mast cell symptoms, I just pop a pill and I am better. With a virus, though, you are just plain stuck. Uugh. I have been ill for over a month with different viruses. One goes away and 2 days later, another one strikes. Oh my gosh! I am sure that it is the cold winter air that is helping me get sick. How I wish I could pack up and go south for 2 weeks!! Instead I am going to sit here with some upper respiratory virus and debate if I should go back to the doctor. Considering I have been on antibiotics 20 out of 35 days in the past month give or take....this is ridiculous! If I go back to the doc, it will probably be the same old antibiotic, which apparently isn't helping much!

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Tired of being sick (NOT mast cell sick)
Reply #1 - 02/12/12 at 15:04:45

Sorry you've been sick so long.  I agree.  Viral and bacterial infections are so much worse.  And for me, they make my mast cells kick up, too.  Ugh!

This seems to be a particularly bad winter for illnesses.  Hope you feel better soon!

Joan

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #2 - 02/12/12 at 16:32:43

Oh my gosh, that's horrendous Deb. Are you getting enough sleep, fluids etc? That's a lot of sicknesses in one month, but is your whole fam coming down with them too? Sorry it's so cold! Hope you feel better soon!!

Thanks for sharing too as it's a good reminder for us all that there's a lot of things out there worst than some days of our MCD Undecided

IP Logged

gutless_mystery
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
INDIANA
Reply #3 - 02/13/12 at 00:14:46

That really stinks!  Hopefully you will get over these bugs soon!

On the bright side, at least you are to a point that you can take a pill and feel better with you Mast cell issues.  I can't wait until the day when I can take a pill to feel better.  I feel like I take the pills but they really don't make me feel much better.

How many different antibiodics have you been on?  Hope you get well soon....I know it isn't fun.  I've had a cold for about a month now too just like you explain.  Just when you think you might be getting better...bam you get some other worsening symptoms.

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #4 - 02/13/12 at 01:38:35

Well, I react to antibiotics. So I can currently take Cefdnir safely, but that will only last a couple years before I begin reacting to it. Then I'll have to find a new one.

I just emailed Dr Akin this morning to inquire about the chances of starting to react to the cefdnir after taking it so frequently. Headed back to my local do today and she will probably want me to start Cefdnir again....

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #5 - 02/13/12 at 09:32:03

Good luck deborah!

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #6 - 02/13/12 at 15:08:44

Thanks guys Feeling pretty crappy now, but I started my antibiotic today (per doctor's orders). So, I am sure that in about 2 days I will feel better (which is imperative because I leave town in 3 days!). My doctor pointed out that I have been sick (not mast cell) the entire winter! Wow, she is completely right. That is crazy! Her theory is that our winter has been so mild that it never got cold enough to kill off all the germs. (Trust me, it's cold, though! Just not normal Indiana cold and snowy!)

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

gnbailey
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
Plano, TX
Reply #7 - 02/15/12 at 11:48:17

I hope you get feeling better.  I have to fly a lot and I dread the trip when I am not feeling 100%.  The best advice I can offer is to rest as much as possible before the trip.  Try and pack as light a carry on as possible and I always have a mask at hand if I need it for any fumes on the plane!  If I am feeling tired, I have used a wheelchair!  My pride is not worth a reaction!!

Rest and get feeling better!

IP Logged

lynda51
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!
WI
Reply #8 - 02/15/12 at 14:19:22

I am so sorry you have been so ill Deb.  We need our "mom" back. Please take care and get better soon. We miss you! Sending "get healthy hugs" to you.  Lynda

IP Logged

Aggiegirl
Rookie

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - 02/16/12 at 03:20:43

So sorry you've been so sick!  Take care and hope you feel better soon!

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #10 - 02/17/12 at 05:32:28

So sorry your sick Deb. It is a bad year for respitory illness I think. I rarely get respitory illness and it took 3 weeks before I could kick it and 5  weeks for my 2 year old. I love Umcka cold care, I swear it helps. It is homeopathic. When I feel a cold coming and take that stuff and I don't get sick. It didn't work this last time though. Lol! But it worked the 3 previous times. I hope you feel better soon! Take care.

Melissa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print