Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
yogurt (Read 3201 times)
Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

yogurt
02/07/12 at 14:05:45

are many able to eat it?

i see it's not on the low histamine list, but was wanting to try it as my next food to help with thrush etc

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Re: yogurt
Reply #1 - 02/08/12 at 01:16:48

I can only eat it in small quatities. Otherwise it trigger my GI issues.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #2 - 02/08/12 at 05:46:12

Ana, I just made some homemade yogurt in my crockpot and it actually turned out this time. I made it from homemade cashew milk, honey, stevia, vanilla and 2 gelatin packets and of course the yogurt culture.
You said you can handle organic milk right? I would try and make it yourself that way there isn't a bunch of additives. You could use sugar to sweetnen it or even a banana.
Lately I have been experiencing a lot of hives and yesterday morning I tried my yogurt for the first time and yesterday I got no hives. Coincidence? Maybe. I just ate some again. We will see what happens. It might be that as it sits in my fridge each day the histamine content will rise and I might react to it. Who knows. The bacteria strains I used are the ones recommended in the SCD. Maybe if you don't wanna make it Fage yogurt would be a good one to try.
Melissa

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #3 - 02/08/12 at 09:25:54

good food for thought ladies, thanks

I bought some organic stuff but now it's sitting in my fridge because I'm scared of it

I used to LOOOooove yogurt. Especially greek. Anyhoo, I might work my way up on the low histamine list first; though, lots of the things on that list trigger mouth itching for me, always have, so who knows what will happen

maybe i'll try mangoes next.. always scared of fruit though for my OAS but mangoes used to be ok for me.

IP Logged

PamH
Mentor

Indianapolis, IN USA
Reply #4 - 02/21/12 at 07:22:51

I can not tolerate it either, along with sour cream. Sad  I love sour cream.
Pam Shocked)

Pam

IP Logged

Susan
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 02/22/12 at 16:05:16

I do well with yogurt, in doses that aren't too big. Kefir is another feremteted product that could help with GI issues. It has different bacteria, so you may be better able to tolerate on or the other. Strauss makes a very good organic yogurt with no nasty additives. It is a local dairy, so don't know if they sell anyplace not local.

Yogurt is very easy to make. If you can't find a good brand, give it a try at home. Watch out for added dry milk. Dry milk is sprayed into the air and dried under very high temperature. The heat degrades the proteins and fats, making it not so good for you. Unfortunately, the dry milk is used in a lot of yogurts to thicken them.

Susan

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Chronic neurological infections
Diagnosed with Mastocytosis August 2011

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print