Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First Rash! (Read 1815 times)
jbean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!

First Rash!
02/05/12 at 14:40:14

Had my first rash today... pretty sure it was a masto rash.  Went out in the cold and my legs started to itch.  Came inside, little red spots on the top of my legs that itched and welled up a bit when I rubbed them.

Sound about right?  

They went away on their own.  Do any of you take extra meds for these or just keep an eye on them?

Yet another reason to move to a warmer climate!

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: First Rash!
Reply #1 - 02/05/12 at 16:25:46

Sorry to hear jbean.  I definitely get rashes like you're describing triggered by random things like temperature changes. Good that they went away on their own! If I can get away from the trigger they usually resolve. Roll Eyes

I don't usually up my meds for rashes like that, but I sometimes get hives as part of a full body reaction that definitely scare me and make me take atarax.

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #2 - 02/06/12 at 01:20:03

I get that on my chest when I take a hot shower.  It makes me a little nervous (hives!), but so far it hasn't led to anything worse.  It probably helps that my bloodstream is chock full of antihistamines Smiley  I just wait for them to go away... and they do.

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #3 - 02/06/12 at 03:11:54

Remember, warmer climates are heavenly but only in the winter!!   Iīm really missing those snow balls right now!!!     Sad Sad Sad

As you know itīs SUMMER here and plenty HOT.   I donīt rash up on my legs, but I get a lovely mottled blotchy rash on my neck and chest with the heat and with using the hair dryer or in the shower.  

Itīs masto yes, Jilly and you do have to keep an eye on it cause it can lead into more trouble.   If the rash resolves on itīs own, great, no need to do a thing, but itīs an indicator that you are reacting.  If any other symptom shows up, be it a change in BP, itching, flushing, stomach pain, etc.  Then act upon it with more antihistamines.  

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

gutless_mystery
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!
INDIANA
Reply #4 - 02/06/12 at 09:13:24

I find that if I itch the hives...they get worse or if I rub the area of skin that is burning/flushing.  If I am able to keep my hands away they go away.....but my rashes come whenever I have the full onset of anaphylaxis so I always take more meds.  Another weird thing is I don't always get the rash/hives with each episode and I find that if I don't rub or itch my skin, I don't get hives.  Although sometimes they come no matter what I do.  Very weird I know.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print