Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Newbie with Dysautonomia and anaphylaxis. Suspect MCAD (Read 21019 times)
MCAS and POTSMama
Tutor

Busy working Mom of 3
who needs to get well!

Colorado
Re: Newbie with Dysautonomia and anaphylaxis. Suspect MCAD
Reply #45 - 03/27/12 at 18:42:55

Lyn,
Thanks for the support.  "Venting" instead of "Whining" - I like it!

Yes, I thought that "anaphylaxis like" was odd too - - but I think the doc meant that I didn't have edema, hives, or a consistently dropping BP (I was volatile BP/pulse, fluctuating between high and low).  My symptoms in an episode are usually flushing hot then feeling very cold, light headedness, volatile BP/pulse, feeling like my throat is clothing and a tight chest/trouble breathing.  But I now know that anaphylaxis can have a quite different presentation (and even below level) in us mast cell disordered people.

Re: the mildly elevated IgE - it was when my first allergist tested it a couple months earlier too, and my blood work a couple months before that showed excessive inflammation.  So it's possible a conventional allergy is going on along with the mast cell disorder, but I'm not sure to what.  

As an update my migraines have stopped again fortunately - - it may have been a hormonal thing as I'm in menopause (nearly done, I think).  Tried cromolyn again and had a milder vertigo attack, so am still holding off a bit longer to re-try and titrate up.  I'm still in a holding pattern of doing better with the H1/H2 (Allegra, Atarax, Zantac) and Singulair anyway, so not going to rock the boat yet, but sure do want to eat more than the 6 foods I now can tolerate.

Here's rooting for you, me and Ana (and anyone else in this acute illness phase) to get well quick!
Carol

Carol
MCAS and Hyperadrenergic POTS

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print