Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Phone consult Jan. 31st..nervous (Read 3427 times)
angelloz
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Phone consult Jan. 31st..nervous
01/26/12 at 10:26:19

Hello all, On Jan. 31st I have another phone consult with Dr. Castells. I feel like I am getting worse and wonder how to make the best use of my opportunity to speak with her. Should I list new symptoms or symptom changes, or would it be better to ask about further testing? so, far negative BMB  , elevated tryptase 15 and 17, nothing found with 24 hr urine tests except extremely high volume output. If my problems are more autonomic than mast cell would she have advise about that? I get so nervous when I get on the phone I can hardly think and it gets hard to breath when I get upset. Don't know why that is. I welcome all tips and suggestions.  Angelloz

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Re: Phone consult Jan. 31st..nervous
Reply #1 - 01/26/12 at 10:51:02

I would say make a concise list of symptoms (if possible Wink so you can rattle it off to her on the phone.  

Tell her your allergies and what meds you're on.

THen ask what she would advise investigation and treatment wise.

So glad you are getting help! She is a brilliant physician, you are in good hands  Cheesy

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #2 - 01/26/12 at 11:02:11

I would say make a concise list of symptoms (if possible Wink so you can rattle it off to her on the phone.  

Tell her your allergies and what meds you're on.

THen ask what she would advise investigation and treatment wise.

So glad you are getting help! She is a brilliant physician, you are in good hands  Cheesy

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Reply #3 - 01/26/12 at 11:25:47

I really can't add much to Ana's post, Angel.   As to what you are feeling, that is the masto acting up to your anxiety and nervousness of being on the phone with Dr. Castells.   She get's impressive flushes out of me too!!   She really is fantastic!

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

DeborahW, Founder
FOUNDER/ADMIN

USA
Reply #4 - 01/26/12 at 16:18:21

Write down in an organized manner all of your questions. When you speak to her, check them off as you discuss them. Don't assume you don't have mast cell disease because your tryptase in not terribly high. I believe that is still considered higher than normal.

Are you on any meds? Generally if we are not improving or feeling better, then we need to adjust our meds and see what will work better. If you tell us what exactly you are taking, we can certainly make suggestions of what meds to inquire about.

Feel well!
DeborahW, founder
IP Logged

angelloz
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 01/28/12 at 05:35:44

Thanks to all, I am currently taking claritin and zyrtec, sometimes pepcid.
Singular makes me feel strange and sodium cromolym causes severe migraines, I get migraines anyway. My doctor has me carry an epi pen because I get blood pressure drops that make me feel like I am slipping away. I deep breath when this happens and try to focus.I have not used the epi. When I take my triptans for migraines they can make me feel very strange. Lately my vision is stange and I am very dizzy. Guess I have complained enough for today. Wink A quick question. Do any of you go through periods where you feel like crying all the time? Depression or is this some kind of reaction? I appreciate everyones help. Thank you!

IP Logged

Anaphylaxing
Guru

Hang in there! You can
do it!

Reply #6 - 01/28/12 at 09:54:08

Yep I definitely get down!! It's hard when your health changes!! Try to find things that cheer you up and do whatever they are. Try to sleep well and eat well when you can and be around people who make you happy

that helps me

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print