Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vyvanse XR for fatigue in MCAD patients? (Read 2069 times)
PJP123
Guiding Light

I Love YaBB 2!

Vyvanse XR for fatigue in MCAD patients?
01/14/12 at 14:00:52

Does anyone take ADHD meds. for fatigue.

I was diagnosed ADHD about 6 years ago after I went to a bunch of docs who couldn't  find anything wrong with me.
Since no doctor could find anything wrong and I felt like the only thing left to try was a neuropschiatrist so he could tell me I was bipolar. My husband increasingly thought this is what it had to be because no one could feel so unwell everyday of their life and no doctor  diagnose it.   I was enthusiastically looking forward to getting the news so I could pop a pill and feel "normal".  Questions on the questionair where like, "Have you lost interest in things you once enjoyed?"  Uh, you think.  "Do you start many projects and not complete them?" Uh, you think.  So when the test is tallied up I'm diagnosed with ADHD.  Well I started the adderall and for the first time in 35 years I felt a little better, some of the time--as opposed to never ever feeling good.
So now I'm 51, have high blood pressure and really should quit the Vyvance but my fatigue is excruciating.

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Vyvanse XR for fatigue in MCAD patients?
Reply #1 - 01/15/12 at 16:09:00

Hi PJP, welcome!!

I really can't comment on this medicine.   I've never heard of it before and never heard of any other patients takeing it.

However, I can tell you that living with a mast cell disorder and not being on the right meds is ABSOLUTE TORTURE every single day!!   I am on the right meds now and even then there is not one single day where I can say I feel like my old self, without SOMETHING causing me trouble.   I wake up from a long nap just as exhausted as when I laid down.  I have days when it's the 4 times to the bathroom and still my stomach seems to ache.  I'm always doing something weird and either I've got pain or I'm reacting to something or other!   It's turned into a joke at home that my husband thinks that I'm out to get out of doing the dishes for it seems that if I stand up to wash dishes on a full stomach I begin going into anaphylaxis - I must rest for a half hour after or eat half of my meal or I have trouble.   I go grocery shopping and begin to space out after about 10 minutes into the process!!   That fatigue can be totally debilitating and the only thing to improve it is SLEEP, HEAVY SLEEP and again, when I wake up I feel as though I've not sleep a wink!!    

This is life with a mast cell disorder!!

So, I'm wondering, if the ADHD diagnosis was correct for it would be VERY easy to think you had that with masto.   When I'm doing too much reacting I can't think straight even if I wanted to!!   I have to speak in Portuguese as well as English for I live in Brazil and I was with my doctor on Tuesday for a 5 hour long consultation (she's terrific!) and it was about 8 PM and I was way beyond my time to take my meds and we were in mid conversation when I began to feel ill.  She asked me some questions and I couldn't answer them for anything!  I wanted to tell her I was needing my medicine and while I was fumbling for my meds I kept trying to talk with her but only English wanted to come out and she quickly saw that I was flushed and about to totally lose it!   Well, if you had asked me to do those questions and answer them I'd have failed that questionaire in a blink cause the brain fog can get soo very heavy that I can't even speak in English at times and that's my native tongue!!  

Perhaps you do hae ADHD but that doesn't mean you don't have a mast cell disorder to give you even more fun!

So, why not tell us about your symptoms and what your history is and perhaps we can help you figure some of this out.  We've got some wonderful people here who have all kinds of experience and together perhaps we can help you.  

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print