Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lower septum and upper mouth problem (Read 1316 times)
phyre
Tutor

Keep believing it can
get better.
Denver, CO
Lower septum and upper mouth problem
12/13/11 at 19:16:31

I have had about 7 doctors look at my upper mouth and lower septum, and no one seems to know what this symtom is.  I asked a dentist, a ear/nose/thoat dr, a family doctor, my hemotologist/oncologist, and a few others whose specialty I do not know.  (One Dr accused me of putting drugs up my nose.  Angry )

The entire area around my upper mouth, sinus and teeth feel cold all the time like I bit into ice cream.  It is very uncomfortable.  When it gets really bad, the top of my mouth gets red spots, my nose bleeds like crazy, and my upper mouth gets completely torn up when I eat food that is not soft.  It is such a strange feeling that I have dreams that my teeth are falling out.  

After reading through a lot of posts here, I read more than once that vibrations can cause mast cell activation.  Could this be caused by my electric tooth brush?  

If it is mast cell activation in this area, does that mean that I might have systemic mastocytosis and not just cutaneous?  I seem to have more symtpoms than cutaneous masto, but I am luckier than many with systemic masto.  

If it is attacking this area, how can they test for it?  I asked an ENT if he could do a biop, and he said a biop of the sinus is not a good idea because there are so many delicate blood vessals.  

Any thoughts?  

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Lower septum and upper mouth problem
Reply #1 - 12/14/11 at 09:32:43

I vaguely remember reading a case of mastocytosis of the uvula - the punching bag which hangs down in the back of your throat.   It was a very unusual case and although Iīm googling it now, Iīm not finding it but then Iīm not trying too hard.   Itīs there somewhere so try googling it.  

I would stop using the electric toothbrush for a while and see if the symptoms improve.   It could very well be the masto, but if your doctors have not found anything alarming, then donīt worry way too much about it.   You could try a biopsy of the upper tissues, that would be worthwhile seeing.   Make sure itīs stained properly and put through the immunohistochemical testing for masto otherwise you wonīt see anything.

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print