Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spider bite (I think) (Read 1197 times)
kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Spider bite (I think)
11/23/11 at 01:49:39

We are having major work done on our house. Tearing down drywall on the ceilings, holes repaired from a tree that fell on the house, etc. This has stirred up spiders. I see them on the tops of the walls, crawling around different places in the house. YES I smush them. So night before last, I felt an itchy spot on my back and when I reached back to scratch it I noticed a small bump. So I figured some harmless bug bit me. I didn't put this all togther until later yesterday. So, I started feeling light headed that first night. I couldn't figure out what I ingested or came in contact with that was causing this symptom. The next day (yesterday) again, I was dizzy, lightheaded and spacey!!! I was concerned but made myself stay calm. Even though I have never gone into FULL anaphlaxis (sp?) I have come very close and it usual starts with those type symptoms. Well last night I reached under my shirt on my back to rub the itch back there and HOLY COW! This bite is huge!!!!!!!! I had this happen once before on my neck and it stayed there for (digging in my brain here) ummm.....a long time! I think it was a month give or take. So now I'm thinking I must be sensitive to spider bites. I don't have an epi pen yet but I did ask my doctor yesterday if he would write me a prescription for one. He did and I will be sure to get it filled and kept on hand.
So I'm wondering if anyone else has bad reactions to bug bites? This is not a pressing question so no rush in answers. Just wondering Smiley
Gotta go!
Kim

IP Logged

Lisa
FORUM MODERATOR/ADVISOR

I am not a doctor.
Volta Redonda, RJ Brazil
Re: Spider bite (I think)
Reply #1 - 11/23/11 at 11:10:21

YES!!!   VENOMS ARE MOST CERTAINLY ISSUES!!!!    

Kim, I think you need to let Dr. Afrin know about this one!  Ask his instructions for some patients have indeed gone into very serious shock over this.   Wasps and bees are especially DANGEROUS and even DEADLY and what you are feeling is that of being on the edge of a crisis.   If it gets ANY WORSE.... TAKE IT SERIOUSLY AND GO TO THE ER!!!    Don't try to wade it out!  You can try increasing your meds, but this can be a VERY serious situation and you need to have that bite looked at and treated properly so that a serious infection doesn't develop.  The infection will also trigger you, so this is why you've got a serious situation going on here.  

So, don't second guess this, please write to Dr. AFrin right away and ask his instructions please.  Then FOLLOW THEM!!

Lisa

Donīt forget, there is so much more to life than being sick!

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Re: Spider bite (I think)
Reply #2 - 11/23/11 at 12:16:14

You know I think I got some kind of spider bite about 2 years ago that itched soooooo dang bad and it was about the size of a dime and it looked like it had fluid in it. But it never popped and I had that thing for 5 weeks before it went away. Pretty sure it was a bug bite. I didn't get sick or dizzy though. We must be very sensitive.
Melissa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print