Send Topic Print
Gastrocrom Question (Read 3549 times)
ShellyHunter
Rookie

Proud mom and grandma!!

Missouri
Gastrocrom Question
11/19/11 at 15:25:41

Can anyone tell me about how long it takes for gastrocrom to start working and exactly what masto symptoms it should help?

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Re: Gastrocrom Question
Reply #1 - 11/19/11 at 16:52:02

Hi Shelly,

Gastrocrom stabilizes mast cells, so it helps to keep them from releasing mediators, such as histamine.  It should help with GI problems, and might also help with other mast cell symptoms.  The time it takes to work is different for different people and is dose-related.  Most people start at a low dosage to make sure it's well-tolerated.  Then they work up to a therapeutic dose.  Some people do fine with 2vials a day, and others need more.  The maximum dose I've seen recommended is 2 vials 4 times a day.  One or more vials are mixed with water and drunk on an empty stomach 1/2-1 hr. before a meal and bedtime or as directed by a doctor.  For me, it took about 2 weeks to notice a difference.

Joan

IP Logged

ShellyHunter
Rookie

Proud mom and grandma!!

Missouri
Reply #2 - 11/20/11 at 03:43:31

Will it help with the brain fog, headaches, dizziness, muscle and and joint pain or possibly the bladder pain?

IP Logged

Joan
FORUM ADVISOR

Colorado
Reply #3 - 11/20/11 at 15:52:05

I don't know.  People respond differently to different meds.  I've heard some people say that Visteral (hydroxyzine) is helpful for brain fog and bladder pain.  I've had muscle and joint pain relief from taking enough Allegra and Zyrtec.  When I was on too low a dose and only zyrtec, my pain was pretty horrible daily.  Now, I rarely have it.  Others get relief from Singulair at higher than usual dosages.

Sorry to say, a lot of this is "trial and error" or "trial and feel better."

Joan

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #4 - 11/21/11 at 05:24:37

Shelly, hydroxyzine helps with brain fog and has been show to help with bladder pain or spasms associated with IC.
Melissa

IP Logged

shabrans
Tutor

Reply #5 - 11/22/11 at 06:19:43

I started gastrocom 2 weeks ago -aleady noticing much fewer headaches (and less severe when I do have them) and helping with dizziness too.The brain fog for me varies with my fatigue level havent really noticed much difference with that

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print