Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Random Tears (Read 8515 times)
Enko
Guiding Light

Re: Random Tears
Reply #15 - 10/08/11 at 09:17:31

Our Lisa is wise as always Smiley

I have problems with crying too, even before I've started my med. Thing that makes it more worse is that my body is telling me that something IS wrong (just as posters before me said) and nobody believed me, so I cried with and without a reason! ARGH! Thankfully, here I've found a quiet place where I'm not judged and have been taken seriously. Thank you for that <3 Cheesy

你会说汉语吗?

IP Logged

Kate:
Tutor

Reply #16 - 10/09/11 at 00:29:08

Kim,

Is the Toprol a new med in your regime?  That seems like a really high dose.  When I was first diagnosed with POTS they tried me on Toprol XL (12.5 mg) and it was a total disaster.  I might be wrong, but I thought BB were bad for people with mast cell issues???

As for my eyes, when I am in a flare, I get more random crying, for no reason.  But, I do get tears even when I am laughing.  Somtimes my eyes tear up for no reason at all.  I can wake up in the middle of the night with tears running down my face.  I have told every doctor that I have seen (a lot!) that I can tell what kind of day I am going to have by my eyes.

I hope you start to feel better!

Kate

IP Logged

kimtg68
Guru

Alabama
Reply #17 - 10/09/11 at 02:30:49

Thanks for sharing Kate. As for my Toprol dosage, when my family doc diagnosed with Tachycardia after doing the 24 hour halter monitor, he started me on 50mg. That worked for about a month or two. Then my symptoms came back so he increased to 100 mg. That worked for approx 3 or 4 months but then symptoms got bad again so he hesitantly increased me to 150mg while sharing with me that 200mg was the highest allowable dosage for this medication. I've been on the 150mg now for about 2 months. So far the only incidents I've had increased followed by decreased BP and heart rate since this last increase of Toprol was when I had (what I now consider) a mast cell episode. My hope is that maybe when I find the right mix of mast cell medications that I can go off the Toprol all together. Not sure if it will work that way or not. We will see.
Now for the eyes....(not so much about the random tears but) mine have been swollen to a smaller degree for over a year now. Here are my thoughts: back then I wasn't fully on boad with the mast cell issues. I was told I had microscopic colitis (which Dr Afrin has proved to me otherwise with my biopsies being retested for mastcell issues). I was having (still have) vision problems ie blurring and terrible floaters. When I saw my eye doctor I discussed this and the swelling with her. She thought with the colitis there was a possible link since anytime one has an inflammatory disease it can affect many areas of the body. She meant well. She examined my eyes and could only see ONE floater! I was shocked because I have so many of them they get in the way of my vision. But now that I'm on board with the mast cell stuff I now believe its all tied to the mast cells whether its that I have mast cell iincrease in my eyes or the symptoms are from the type of mediators released from whereever my increased mast cells are. Again I hope once I get on the right mix of meds that this symptom will improve as well!
As for the random crying...I'm not terribly concerned about it. Crying is good for the soul and its not like I'm walking around day after day doing this. It happenedd the one day and I seem to be over it. I'm beginning to believe my episode was an emotional one. My dad passed away a few weeks ago(a very complex story with complex history)issues with hubby, issues with adult kids, finances, etc and illness. So I believe after careful thought that emotions must be the culprit!
So now that I've started a book....hmmm wonder if I could make money off my life story  Roll Eyes
Gotta run. Talk with you all later!
Kim

IP Logged

Kate:
Tutor

Reply #18 - 10/09/11 at 09:21:30

Yep, I have the floaters, too.  My eye issues are bizarre.  I am glad your tears only lasted a day!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print