Welcome, Guest. Please Login
MCD - Mast Cell Disorders
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Antidepressants (Read 2280 times)
Enko
Guiding Light

Antidepressants
09/25/11 at 22:49:31

Is anybody taking any? I was prescribed 25 mg of Zoloft in the morning as starting dose on account of neurological difficulties. I wonder if anybody else here is using some SSRI/SNRI's and what are the experiences?

Thanks Smiley

你会说汉语吗?

IP Logged

MastoGem
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Antidepressants
Reply #1 - 09/26/11 at 03:09:50

No, I'm not on any anti-depressant meds.  They never worked for me.  My "mood symptoms" are so directly linked to what I eat and the management of this disorder that I focus on that and it works to relief my depression.

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." — EKR

IP Logged

Starflower
FORUM ADVISOR

Not a medical doctor
Indiana
Reply #2 - 09/29/11 at 01:01:45

I've been taking 25mg of Zoloft (along with 0.25mg of Xanax at night) since June.  I was having some problems with insomnia and intrusive thoughts (long story)... it really helped.  I feel like "me" again Smiley  Some people with mast cell disorders do have negative reactions to SSRIs, so I was a bit nervous... thankfully, I haven't noticed any problems.  Maybe it helps that it's such a low dose.

Heather

We're all in this thing together
Walkin' the line between faith and fear
This life don't last forever
When you cry I taste the salt in your tears
(Old Crow Medicine Show)

IP Logged

Godsgal
Tutor

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 09/29/11 at 04:34:58

I took Celexa and it did nothing for me except give me hyperreflexia.  Welcome Enko by the way  Wink

IP Logged

Enko
Guiding Light

Reply #4 - 09/29/11 at 08:35:52

Hello Godsgal Cheesy Thank you for posting Cheesy

你会说汉语吗?

IP Logged

missybean
Mentor

I Love YaBB 2!
Washington
Reply #5 - 09/29/11 at 11:45:27

I was prescribed an anti-depressant(wellbutrin) for my fibromyalgia pain. It's supposed to help with serotonin levels and reducing pain levels. I have to say for that it doesn't work. But I have taken it before for postpartm depression and it works.... also works good for addictive habits like smoking and over eating in some people.
For brain fog or congitive problems, I saw a decrease in symptoms with hydroxyzine which is gernally taken at night because it is sedating. Hydroxyzine worked decent for my brain fog, in fact I had to stop taking it recently because I was taking another sedating medicine at night and I have had some BAD brain fog lately. Hydroxyzine is an antihistamine as well as anti anxiety, but it didn't help my axiety.
Melissa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print